004. | CONFUSION AND DELUSION

CHAPTER FOUR : 𝙼𝚞𝚛𝚙𝚑𝚢'𝚜 𝙻𝚊𝚠
𝚁𝚒𝚕𝚎𝚢'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚟𝚒𝚎𝚠.

DYLAN'S SMILE WAS GROWING BY
the second. And there wasn't a thing that could stop him from smiling like the Cheshire Cat.

"Wait! Wait." He shook his head, and I stood beside him quietly. "Bellamy Blake, the guy who's an asshole, kissed... you? Like full on. You didn't take any drugs, right?"

I rolled my eyes. "What's wrong with me?" I say offended. His eyes widen and his smile drops slightly. "No! I mean he's mean to everybody, acts like he's a god."

I don't argue with that. He is mean and wants to control everyone. "So he kisses you, tongue or no?"

My eyes widen as the guys next to us start to stare. My face gets red as I push Dylan softly. "Shh! Will you please be quiet?" I plead.

"Oh my god, y'all did." Dylan starts laughing, causing others to look over at us at his barbaric laugh.

"Okay..." I groan. "That's enough." I say sternly. He wipes fake tears under his eyes, whistling.

"That's fucking crazy, Riles. You should ask if you have to do any work."

I look up from what I was doing, which was tying ropes to these branches to eventually make more fences.

"Don't be stupid. He's not gonna let me stop doing work. Everyone has to do something."

Dylan shrugs. "It wouldn't hurt to ask." I sigh, going back to what I was doing.

"I haven't really talked to him much about it." I admit and it felt good to get that off my chest. It had been a few days since the whole situation with the fog.

Since then, Wells was found dead the next day so that threw my whole day off. I didn't really have time to tell Dylan about the whole kiss with Bellamy or anything else.

But I did talk with Bellamy and it didn't go great... I'm now more less confident in this whole situation than I was before.

I walk to Bellamy's tent and slightly open the flap. I see Bellamy crouched down with papers in front of him.

He looks up and nods. "Hey." He goes back to what he was doing. "Hi." I step farther into the tent.

"C— could we talk?" I play with my fingers, anxiously waiting on his response. He shrugs, and I stand there awkwardly.

After a few minutes of nobody saying anything, he sighs and looks up at me. "What, Riley?"

"I just... you know... with the— the kiss. I j—just, I just wanted to clarify... some things." I struggled to get the words out.

He looks at me bored. I was feeling worse and worse about being here right now. "It was just a kiss, nothing crazy."

I blinked, feeling small and useless. "R—right, yeah, I knew that but uh, I...." He was staring at me like he wanted me to leave so I stopped myself.

"Um... I go—gotta go." I quickly slipped out of the tent and felt tears welled up in my eyes.

Im so stupid. Stupid Riley thinking people care about you. They don't. Of course the kiss didn't mean anything, I can't believe you thought it did.

"He's been busy, ya know? People are scared of the grounders and with Wells being attacked right outside the walls, we need to work quick."

His eyes widen. "Hell, I'm even scared."