Chapter 5

Aadvika POV:

      I was just sitting in my room and sulking about the necklace.   I didn't want something of mine that was snatched from me to be used by others. It's frustrating to give up some treasured possessions. If it not for the necklace being my mother's,  I would've sold it at a good rate so that could be used for the baby later.  

Ufff.  This just makes my head ache a lot more worse.  Maybe a cup of coffee would do,  right?  Yes that's right,  rather than grumbling here about my situation serving myself a well deserved coffee sounds good.  With the newly acquired spirit I went to the kitchen to make the most wonderful coffee of mine. The word coffee brings a lot of memories to rush in. I am coffee addict till my pregnancy but I slowly got rid of it because of my concern towards the child. 

I semi boiled the milk and grabbed the coffee powder . Mixing together the needed sugar and ingredients,  the aroma tickled my nose.  These little good moments that make me endure the hard times are so satisfying. 

I took the coffee with me and decided to accompany it with a book I have in my room. As I went past my attai's room,  I heard some muffled voices.  Not again. Whenever I hear their feeble tone,  I know it's trouble for me. As it concerns me,  I just took the liberty to eavesdrop. Don't get me wrong,  I just want to be well aware of my situation.  If what they are speaking doesn't concern me,  I'd get going .

"Dear,  Vichitra's marriage has been fixed two months later. Don't we need to hurry with the preparations? " . "We need to, Leela " my maama answered athai.  So within two months,  Vichitra will get married and leave this house. 

"But nathan dear,  what about Aadvika ?" "What about Aadvika, Leela?  Get to the point "

Why me?  Always this athai gets me involved . Aahhh 

"Nathan,  we don't need her here while vichitra is having a function. She is just a burden,  so why don't we send her out of the house.?" "Shut up,  Leela. That girl no matter how much we hate her,  we can't send her out since she is carrying the child of our son."

At least they care about my child. I'm fine being an outcast if my child could be loved. But they won't chase me out right ?.My thoughts were interrupted by athai's voice. 

"But can we chase her after the child is born?  I mean Nathan,  we just need our son's baby not the baby's mother,  right? "

I was speechless. How can they separate a child from its mother.  Isn't it the greatest sin to be committed. I mean maama won't allow it,  right?  

"Yes we don't need her Leela.  After the child is born maybe we could send her out. "

That's it.  I felt a huge thunder hit me. Dramatic much but I just scoffed at my situation. They still continued their conversation,  but I couldn't make sense of it as my mind was focused on one particular thing. They're gonna separate my child from me.  And they are heartless enough to do it. At this point,  I don't even know what's holding me back from getting out of thing house. 

Money and safety mocked my consciousness. 

Right. I lacked money and more importantly safety to ensure my child. What if I couldn't even protect my child after getting out of here. That would be a useless rebel.  I need to come up with something. Something to save myself and my child. 

Think Aadvika,  think. 

Then popped an idea.  It just needs some cooperation.  And I know the perfect person for that. I quickly poured the now cold coffee in the sink and hurried back to my room. 

Its finally time to make some move so I could save my baby. 

"Amma loves you baby"  I uttered those words with a hand in my belly to get some much needed courage to go on with all the difficulties.