5 - Zeenaru

I wanted to tell Laminde that her husband had been suspiciously sweet to me. And also show her the texts and random calls. But how would I tell her?

"People say that I bewitched Idris," said Laminde. "They don't know that he is a peaceful man, the perfect gentleman. He never wants to see me upset and takes pride in my happiness."

Great. How could I tell her about her husband when she spoke of him as a nymph would sing praises of nature. Laminde was in absolute awe of Idris. I could not bring myself to belittle him and disappoint her. But wait, how was it even possible a man like him existed? Sadiya's father was a nightmare that it was hard to think of any man being as dreamy as Laminde described her husband.

"I need a favor from you" asked Laminde. "Please help me talk to Jamila about puberty. I don't know where to start from."
"Of course, I will."
"And warn her about boys too. I know we can't protect them forever. We won't always be alive, right?" she said laughing, tapping her watch. "But I wish I could protect her heart forever."

"You can bring her over anytime," I said, feeling honored. "Her and Sadiya are becoming good friends."
"Yes, like sisters. And so they shall remain, insha Allah." Laminde smiled. "I entrust her to you, Zeenaru. I know you will treat her no different from Sadiya."

I felt honored, but I also felt guilty. Like a traitor. A hypocrite. I should be staying away from her family, but I was drawn closer. And sometimes I wonder if I subconsciously encouraged it.