Act 13 - WARTHOGS

...

As Arbiter summoned 2S19 Mstas around the city, the arriving A-10C squadron came about the area, circling the city. The anti-air defense lit the air with so many rounds at the planes non-stop. It is possible thanks to their virtually endless ammunition, for some reason. Drones are released from the Arial Arsenal Ship as they unfold their wings to take down the attackers. As their hunt is interfered with by Mstas, MQ-101s, and the Razgriz Squadron, they take their chance to eliminate the defenses to secure their goal.

—————————————————————
Transfer View To
Arbiter
—————————————————————

So yeah, A-10s are here.

How nice.

What's not nice is they're attacking.

The A-10 squadron dived down to destroy my AA guns, bit by bit. My drones launched a storm of missiles at them, but all missed due to the flares they had deployed. The enemy pitched away from the Mstas at an unnatural speed and concentrated on the drones in the air. From what I can see, these guys aren't your ordinary A-10s, and they are heavily modified to fit in as a multi-role.

The A-10Cs launched several missiles in the direction of the drone. My MQ-101s tried to shake the missiles off their tail, but those missiles acted like QAAMs and obliterated them. Did they have those kinds of missiles on them, or did they fit that shit with a level 2 Thrust-Adjusting Steering Device mixed with the High-Speed Data Link Antenna?

Nonetheless, what matters most is that numbers count. My drones took down one A-10C, and the remaining three are struggling to shake them all off. At this point, it's just bullying. One of my F-14Ds has HVAAs ready and positioned itself far from its target. The F-14 shot the HVAA as the A-10C took the turn, destroying the poor fellow.

The enemy just realized they were in a one-sided fight all along, so they launched their flares and turned toward the city.

Oh shit

This scenario reminds me of Torres's bullshit in that DLC mission.

The A-10s moved through the storm of lead coming right at them while MQ-101s were in pursuit. The Razgriz squadron prepped their HVAAs to eliminate them from afar. One of the A-10Cs wasn't having any of it. It turned back at the horde and unleashed a fury of bullets, ripping through several drones. That rampage didn't last long, as a missile barrage deleted the poor A-10C in three seconds.

The last A-10 pierced through the hail of bullets fired by AA defenses and was majorly damaged. The wings riddled with bullet holes, the cockpit nearly obliterated, and one of its two engines is gone. It's still aiming for the city to drop its payload. The Razgriz Squadron sent HVAAs, spaced timely, to increase the chances of hitting the A-10.

Now in trouble, the A-10 dropped its bombs early and tried to dodge the incoming HVAAs. It managed to evade one of them but didn't react fast enough for another one, and the A-10 is no more. The bombs earlier arced to the walls and were detonated on impact, leaving debris of stone, wood, and metal.

—————————————————————
ENEMY SQUADRON DESTROYED
—————————————————————
Reward: A-10C Thunderbolt II Squadron
—————————————————————

I felt slightly disappointed in the fight, but the A-10Cs are attacker-type aircraft. Even with modifications, it wouldn't fit as a multi-role unless tried hard enough.

...

Let's bring the boys up, I guess.

...

Somewhere in the stormy oceans, a fleet of wooden vessels was in great danger. A black metallic beast has risen from the depths and attacked the panicked fleet. Its weapons are unlike what the sailors have ever encountered. Its two cannons lanced through several ships in one shot, the bright projectiles that home into vessels, and its single enormous gun on its deck wiped off the retreating ships in one fell swoop. Their weapons are no good as they never pierced its armor, and not even their powerful cannons can damage it.

It was hopeless, and they couldn't do anything about it. The fleet is no more, and the beast dove to the sea. Returned from its wreck, it now serves one purpose:

TO BRING DOWN ARBITER.

THE ALICORN SHALL RISE ONCE AGAIN.