sketchpad

summary: eddie catches you drawing him from across the room.

word count: 1,126

let me know under this text what imagines you'd like to see next! :)

——

there was one thing you were sure of; eddie munson had set his intense gaze upon you while he and his d&d club, hellfire, were eating lunch and discussing whatever campaign they were playing next.

did you have the slightest clue as to why eddie munson, the freak of hawkins high, was staring at you like it was a life or death staring contest? absolutely not. but god was it good drawing material.

every once in a while you would look up from your sketchbook and pick a new feature to focus on and draw. eddie was just one of those people that were so perfect to draw that you couldn't resist it.

of course, your occasional glancing had caught even more of his attention than before you picked up your sketchbook. he kept his gaze on you, never breaking it. he wanted- no, needed to know what you were drawing. the thought of you drawing him was eating him alive with anticipation.

"are you even paying attention?" the curly haired boy said from the side of eddie. dustin henderson, one of the few members of hellfire club that eddie could stand to talk to for more than five minutes.

"no. not in the slightest, henderson." eddie said, sticking another pretzel in his mouth and watching you focus on drawing whatever it was you were drawing while he munched on the salty snack.

"this is your campaign we're talking about here." mike spoke up, clearly annoyed that eddie wasn't paying attention to a conversation that he started.

"i'm busy." was all eddie said, trying to block out the conversation so he could figure out what he was going to say to you when he snuck up on you to find out what, or who, you were drawing.

"busy doing what? gawking at some girl who clearly isn't interested in you?" for the first time that lunch period, eddie's eyes moved off of you and switched their intense gaze upon mike wheeler. the official party-pooper of the club.

"isn't interested in me?" eddie stood abruptly, wiping the salt remnants on his blue, faded jeans. "i'll show you not interested." and with that, eddie started his march towards your table that only sat you.

you were almost done the details on eddie's hair. you just needed one more glance to make sure you got the curl pattern perfect. but when you looked up, he was gone and all of the hellfire club kids were watching you now. well, watching whoever was behind you.

"you know, flattery works on me."

the sudden sound of eddie's voice startled you, making you jump and hold your sketchbook to your chest. your cheeks started burning a bright red, embarrassed that eddie munson had caught you drawing him.

how in the world were you going to explain this to him? he probably thinks you're obsessed with him and have a lock of his hair sitting in a scrapbook of far away pictures of him sitting at home.

"i can... i can explain-"

he cut you off, a smirk hidden on his lips. "no need, babydoll. you can draw me anytime you want." eddie sat down next to you, his left hand resting on his thigh and his right reaching for your sketchbook. "can i?" he asked, his features turning gentle while asking for permission to flick through your sketches.

you handed him the book, eyeing his rings as he took hold of the hard cover. your eyes never left his hands as he looked intently at all of your drawings. the way his hands moved so gently on the pages to not smudge any of the pencil ash that created pictures.

he looked genuinely interested in what you had drawn, mostly the previous drawing you had of eddie. he glances at you with an amused smile, looking back down at the drawing of himself that had him playing his guitar. he knew the only way you knew what his guitar looked like would be if you had gone to one of his concerts at one point.

you didn't have an obsession with eddie. you didn't know he was in a band until you saw him climb onto that small stage and play his heart out on that guitar. eddie was someone that was easy and beautiful to draw and you loved it.

but he definitely thought you were a stalker now. at least, that's what you thought he was thinking.

"you've seen me play?" was all he asked. he was searching your face while you searched for an explanation but your words just wouldn't form. you knew what you wanted to say but they just wouldn't vocalise no matter how hard you tried.

by now, your face was probably the shade of a tomato and you were riddled with anxiety and embarrassment. you wanted the ground to open up and swallow you whole just so you could avoid this whole encounter.

"uhm..." you trailed off, looking around and making eye contact with most of the hellfire boys. "are you just talking to me 'cause of them?" you asked, looking back at eddie.

he looked confused for a moment before looking to the table that held his idiotic members only to see all of them watching the both of you like their eyes were glued to the pair of you.

closing the sketchbook, eddie moved slightly closer to you before speaking. "ignore them. they have nothing better to do than to gawk at pretty girls like you." eddie took hold of your hand under the table, giving it a soft squeeze. "i came over here on my own, not because of those dumbasses."

there was a comfortable silence that settled between you two, eddie's hand not leaving yours. his compliment and the fact that his hands were touching yours made the blush on your cheeks even worse.

"did you, uhm... did you wanna hang out after school, maybe?" eddie stumbled over his question nervously, his right hand sweeping through his hair as he spoke.

"i'd like that." with your words, eddie smiled brightly. a smile you rarely saw on him. happiness looked so good in him.

"cool. yeah, cool. cool." eddie tried standing up but stumbled over the bench as he did so, earning a laugh from you. he gained his balance and retreated back to his table, smacking both dustin and mike upside the head as he passed as they were the closest to him.

"did your mothers ever teach you not to stare?" he spoke, slumping back down at the head of the table whilst scolding the younger boys.

it wasn't long before eddie had gone back to staring at you. only this time, you were staring back, returning his inquisitive gaze.