Chapter 6

When Lucy woke up she looked over to see Tim still there.

"I thought you were gonna leave." Lucy said.

"I told you I'm not going anywhere." Tim said still looking at the magazine. This wasn't the Tim she knew two days ago. This Tim was nice and caring, not rude and smug.

"Hi how are we doing?" The nurse asked walking in.

"Feels like I was just shot." Lucy laughed a little.

"Well that's normal after you get shot," the nurse laughed "But you will be fine. You're lucky if that bullet would have went two centimeters right, you would have lost your baby too." Both Tim and Lucy looked alarmed.

"I'm sorry my what?" Lucy asked trying to understand.

"You're baby? I'm assuming you weren't aware of it?" The nurse said.

"No. No no no no. You're lying!" Lucy said looking at Tim and back at the nurse. Tim looked just as surprised as Lucy.

"I'm not. You're blood tests came back positive for pregnancy." The nurse replied.

"Well how often are false positives?" Tim asked.

"Very rare. If you think it was a false positive you are more then welcome to take another one if you would like Miss Chen." The nurse answered.

"Yeah. Do that." Lucy said. The nurse went to go prep the test leaving Tim and Lucy alone.

"Well damn." Tim said looking at Lucy. A tear slid down Lucy's cheek as she thought about who the father might be. According to Tim they slept together last night, and she hasn't slept with anyone else in the time range of her being pregnant.

"Alright. Here we are let me just draw some blood and we can figure this out." The nurse said walking back into the room. She drew her blood and read the results.

"Alright it looks like you are in fact pregnant Miss Chen. Just call me if you need anything else." The nurse said walking out of the room. Lucys heart dropped. Knowing people were gonna ask questions and she couldn't hide the fact that she was having Tims child for long.

"Tim," Lucy said trying not to cry. "Tim?"

"Yeah sorry. What?" Tim asked.

"I don't know what to do." Lucy said leaning her head back.

"Is it possible that the baby is-" Tim started.

"There isn't any possible way it's not yours Tim." Lucy said shedding a tear. Tim stood up and walked out the door.

"Tim. Tim!" Lucy cried.

Tim walked back into the waiting room where everyone else was awake and waiting.

"She's awake. Room 445." Tim said blankly sitting down. Harper and Lopez made their way to her room while Grey stayed to ask Tim what's wrong.

"What's going on Tim." Grey asked.

"She's pregnant." Tim said.

"Okay why are you so bummed out?" Grey asked not catching on. Tim gave him a look, Grey now understood.

"It's yours." Grey said sitting back.

"We were drunk. It was a one time thing. Then she woke up weak and sick. And was shot. None of this would have happened if I had turned down the case." Bradford admitted.

"Did she tell you that? Did she tell you to leave?" Grey asked.

"No I just left. I couldn't stand knowing how badly I ruined her life and stayed there." Tim said crossing his arms. Grey smacked him on the back of the head.

"Ow what the hell?" Tim asked.

"Go back in there! You don't get to just leave! That's an order!" Grey said standing up motioning for Tim to follow. They both made their way back to the room where Angela and Nyla were talking to her calming her down.

"What the hell Bradford!" Lopez said when he walked in. Tim looked at Lucy still crying.

"You told them?" He asked. She just looked away. "I can't deal with this right now." Tim went to leave again until Lucy stopped him.

"You can't deal with this? I'm the one who has to carry this child! And let me guess raise it alone too? All you have ever been to me is rude! What did I ever do to you?" Lucy yelled. Just after she was done yelling at him the nurse walked in.

"I'm so sorry but visiting hours are over. She is allowed one person to stay with her overnight and the hours start at 9 am tomorrow. Would anyone like to stay?" The nurse asked. Lucy glanced at Tim but he just walked out. This made Lucy want to cry even more.

"I'll stay if that alright with you Sergeant." Angela said.

"Of course. Get better soon Chen." Sergeant Grey said.

"Bye Lucy." Harper said exiting the room. After they all left but Angela, Lucy burst out in tears.

"Hey it's okay. It's okay." Angela said hugging her.