Chapter 9

3 weeks later

Officer Lucy Chen comes back to work today. Although he doesn't want to, Tim has to be his TO self now. He has to be hard on Lucy. As Lucy walked into the room everyone stood up and clapped. Clearly embarrassed, Lucy took her seat.

No one but Grey, Lopez, Harper, and Bradford new about her pregnancy. She planned to keep it that way until she couldn't hide it anymore. After getting their assignments for the day, Officer Chen went to get the war bags. Tim went straight to the shop like always. She got in the car and they started on their way.

Just like the first day on the job, Tim came to a quick stop.

"I'm shot where are you boot?" Tim yelled. Lucy got flashbacks from when she was shot but brushed them away.

"East on Boulevard you asshole that hurt!" She said. Tim just kept driving. Lucy really thought he had changed, but she was wrong. Tim pulled over and got out, Lucy followed.

Tim turned of Lucys Body Cam.

"Code of silence," he started "what were you expecting? Special treatment? You are my boot and I will treat you like I treat all of them!"

"I'm not looking for special treatment! I never asked for it and I don't want it!" Lucy yelled back about to turn her body cam back on.

"What because you are pregnant now you call the shots?" Tim said. Lucy looked up at him with a look he's never seen before.

"Go to hell Tim!" She said and got back in the shop. She wanted to scream and shout and let it all out. Everything she wanted to say to him but they were on duty and it wasn't the right time. Tim got in the shop and started driving in silence until a call came in.

End of shift

Lucy walked out of the locker room and toward her car until she heard footsteps behind her. She thought it was Tim so she turned around about to go off on him, that was until she saw him.

"So you're a cop are you Lila? Or should I call you Lucy? Looks like I need to finish what I came to do." He said as he raised a gun at her. Lucy froze, something she hadn't done once in her career as a cop, but now she froze.

Lucy wasn't focusing she was thinking about her baby and her life. She heard faint yells before snapping back to reality. Tim had been not too far behind after all and stopped the man before he shot her. The man was taken into custody when Tim walked up to Lucy.

"Hey are you alright?" Tim asked worried. Lucy couldn't say anything she just slid down to her knees and cried thinking about what could have happened. Tim didn't miss a beat before he was down with her holding her.

Tim helped her up before telling her she shouldn't be alone. Not after what just happened. Lucy stayed at Tim's house that night. She didn't get much sleep with the flashbacks and thoughts. And neither did Tim thinking about what would have happened if he was just a second behind.