Chapter 13

Lucy watched as the rest of the building turned to ash. She could feel someone tapping her shoulder but didn't bother seeing who it was. Finally Angela snapped her out of it and got her to focus.

"Lucy what happened are you okay? And the baby?" Angela asked. With this Lucy sobbed some more.

" I went in after the suspect and smelt gas. Heard a baby cry and saved it and then gunshots rang and the place went up in flames. I was inside but got out right before it exploded. I came to find Tim but he went in to find me. Then it collapsed." Lucy sobbed. Tears spilt from Angela's eyes. Her best friend was gone but she couldn't believe how Lucy felt.

Angela talked Lucy into going to the hospital to check on her baby to make sure it was okay. When she got there all she could do was cry wishing Tim was sitting next to her. While in the waiting room she heard paramedics yelling saying they need a surgeon asap. She looked over as she saw Sergeant Grey walk in behind them. Lucy got up and made her way to Grey.

"What's going on?" Lucy asked. Grey looked at her for a moment before replying.

"They found Tim. Unconscious but breathing." He said as Lucy fell to the ground in tears. Harper ran over to her to comfort her.

"Lucy hey it's going to be okay." Harper said.

"You don't know that!" Lucy said still sobbing. For a moment everything felt dizzy, then Lucy blacked out.

When Lucy woke up the nurse greeted her, telling her she passed out from smoke inhalation.

"What about my baby?" Lucy asked.

"Your baby will be just fine." The nurse assured.

"Can I ask you something?" Lucy asked.

"Shoot." The nurse replied.

"Have you heard anything on Tim Bradford?" Lucy asked. The nurses smile retreated while she responded.

"I'm not at liberty to say anything." She said. Lucy broke out into more sobs as the nurse left. She cried and cried until she ran out of breath. When Harper walked in she noticed the signs, she ran out and got a doctor immediately. Lucy was having a panic attack.

After the doctor gave Lucy medicine to calm her nerves, she was free to go home. Lucy of course did not leave the hospital. She stayed until someone would tell her something, anything. She was sitting blankly again until she heard the voice of her children. She quickly wiped her tears and put on a fake smile.

"Hi guys!" Lucy said hugging the twins. Maybe the last part of Tim she has.

"Hi mommy!!" They both answered.

"Where's daddy?" Lila asked. Lucy tried her best not to cry. Angela stepped in.

"Daddy's getting a check up from the doctors." Angela said, distracting the twins as Lucy shed a few tears.

"You guys want to go find your dad a gift from the gift shop?" Angela asked the twins winking at Lucy.

"Yeah!" They answered.

"I'll bring them back I promise." Angela said taking the kids to the gift shop leaving Lucy to pull herself together for the sake of her kids.