Chapter 15

The love of her life just flatlined. Lucys heart sank once more, she found it harder and harder to breath. A nurse came to her side and helped Lucy to her room, this was more than a panic attack. Lucy couldn't breath as she cried harder and harder. The doctors had to end up giving her a sedative to get her to fall asleep and calm down.

When Lucy woke she was hit with a wave of reality. Her fiancé is dead. He flatlined right in front of her. Lucy was once again dead inside, she had no emotion while Harper and Angela walked in. The twins at day care.

"He flatlined right in front of me. The doctor let me see him and he died." Lucy said not shedding a single tear. She was all out of tears to cry. Angela and Harper looked at each other and back to Lucy.

"Lucy, Tim isn't dead." Harper said. Lucy looked up at her in shock.

"What do you mean I saw him. I saw it! I saw him die." Lucy said managing to cry more tears.

"The doctors saved him and he woke up right after. I thought you already saw him. We were just about to go see him." Angela said. Lucy jumped out of bed and ran to the front desk.

"Where is Tim Bradfords room?" Lucy asked frantically.

"Room 284" the nurse responded. Lucy ran down the hall and stopped infront of his room. She took a deep breath and walked in.

"Tim?" Lucy cried. Tim's eyes fluttered open.

"Who are you?" Tim asked. Lucy fell to her knees is tears once more.

"I'm sorry I was joking I didn't mean to scare you!" Tim tried to sit up some more to help her up.

"No. No sit back down I'm okay." Lucy said slowly standing up and waking over to him.

"You scared the fuck out of me Tim!" Lucy cried sitting down on the chair next to him.

"I thought you were still in the building." Tim said weakly.

"I'm so sorry I should have told you as soon as I got out it's all my fault!" Lucy cried putting her head in her hands.

"Hey don't do that!" Tim said grabbing Lucy's hand. "If you stress too much it will hurt the baby." Tim pointed out. Lucy put her hand on her stomach.

"I cried so much I was dehydrated, and had 3 panic attacks." Lucy said alarmed. "What if I hurt the baby?" Lucy cried some more.

"Hey Lucy it's okay. It going to be okay." Tim said rubbing his thumb across her hand. Lucy looked up at him and smiled weakly.

"God I wish I could hug you right now!" Tim said defeated.

"I have something for you," Lucy handed him the squirrel. "The twins picked it out for you in the gift shop."

Tim held onto the squirrel like Lucy had not too long ago.

"Where are they?" Tim asked Lucy.

"Daycare, but I was about to send Angels to go get them." Lucy responded. She then texted Angela and asked her to get the twins.