Chapter 8

Just like promised, Lucy woke up with Tim by her side. His hand was still on hers from when he calmed her down last night.

"Did you get any sleep?" Lucy asked Tim. Shocked to see Lucy was awake he answered her question.

"A few minutes." He responded. Lucy looked at him in disbelief.

"Why didn't you sleep?" Lucy asked. Tim stayed silent and just looked at Lucy.

"Tim." Lucy pleaded.

"I don't know. Just couldn't," He shrugged and stood up. "I will be right back I promise."

Lucy watched as Tim left the room. Tim walked down the hall and found Chen's doctor.

"Hey Doctor Shawsen, how long is Lucy Chen going to remain in the hospital?" Tim asked.

"She should be emitted late tonight after the rest of the tests are complete." The doctor said walking away. Tim contemplated whether to go back to the room right now or wait a few minutes.

Tim decided to make his way to the cafeteria to get something to eat. After getting his food he made his way back to Chens room.

"Do you want this baby?" She asked as soon as he walked in. Shocked by the question he stood there for a moment before sitting back down.

"What do you mean?" Tim asked.

"Should I get an abortion or do you want this baby?" She asked once more.

"It's your body. I'm not going to tell you what to do with it. If you want to keep it keep it. If you want to get an abortion then get one." Tim said softly.

"Is it bad to want to keep it?" Chen asked trying not to cry.

"No of course not!" Tim said in a worried yet comforting tone.

"Hey if you want to keep this baby, hell I'll help you raise it if you want." He said with a small chuckle. Lucy smiled and looked down at the bedsheets.

"I'm sorry for everything Chen. If I would have turned down the case then the bartender wouldn't have put something in your drink, we wouldn't have slept together, you wouldn't have woken up like that, you wouldn't have been shot, and you wouldn't be pregnant in the first place." Tim admits. Lucy grabs his hand.

"It's not your fault how could you have known?" Lucy said.

"You get emitted today, then you have 3 week mandatory leave before you come back. And when you do you better be ready to kick some ass." Tim said to Lucy.

"Copy that," She laughed "you should go home I'll be fine, get some rest. I'll text you when I get home so you know I'm safe."

"Alright, see you soon officer Chen." He said leaving the room. How did he go from a smug hard ass to a sweet and caring guy, she thought.

Knowing Chen was safe, Tim went home and got some rest. Lucy would be home soon, safe and sound.