Chapter Twelve

Have a good day, stay home, stay safe.

What a horrible day. Must be a Monday. Darius thought, as he lead Mitch and Tiff through the jungle. They had been walking for an hour. But Darius begrudgingly lead them in the direction of the watering hole. "You made the right choice D." Mitch said. "I know that it wasn't easy, but you did the right thing. Guys like you and me, we have to learn to live with our choices."

"I'm nothing like you." Darius said. "I'm not a killer."

Mitch scoffs. "Killing is making a choice. Chose to stand by your morals, or sacrifice them to save you and your friends. What do you think you're doing?"

"Shit." Darius muttered, as he realized that he was right.

"And you are taking us to..." Mitch says, getting more excited.

Darius answers, "The watering hole." He didn't pay attention to Mitch anymore. He was trying to come up with a plan, but all the options ended with him or the others dead. He had a knife which he knew how to use, but he had one adult behind him, making sure that he's not trying anything, and Tiff in the back, making sure Sammy and Yasmina can't do anything.

Darius turned around when he heard Yasmina grunt and fall. Tiff bumped into Sammy when they stopped abruptly. "What is it?"

Yas rubs her ankle. "It's hurting. I need a break."

"She can't keep up this pace for much longer." Sammy says. "Can she rest for a few minutes?"

Tiff groaned, and started swatting at the flies around her. "Fine. It'll give me a chance to take care of these bugs. Why are they only attacking ME?" she complained. Mitch goes over to help his wife, and the kids do a small huddle around Yaz.

"We can't just go along with this." she says. "We need another plan."

Darius shakes his head. "What else can we do? We either allow them kill the dinosaurs and go home to our families, or we don't, and stay here forever."

Sammy asks, "Or?"

"What do you mean, 'or'?" Darius looks at her. "That's it. I've got nothing, no options. No backup plan." Darius sighs. "I promised to get you guys home, and that's what I'm going to do. I've racked my brain trying to figure something out, but that's it. Okay?"

Mitch's voice is heard. "Hey! What are you three whispering about?"

Darius lies off the top of his head. "We want... a guarantee." Mitch gives him a confused look. "If we are leading you to dinosaurs, we want to know where your boat is."

Mitch says, "We never said we had a boat here."

"You said it was refueling, I know." Darius continues. "So, there are two options. One, tell us where your boat is. We don't want you to suddenly go back on your promise and leave us here. Two, if you are telling the truth about the boat refueling, tell us where it will be docking."

Mitch smiles, looking at Darius. "Looks like you're the muscle AND the brains of your little camp operation." After a few seconds of thinking, Mitch says, "Alright. Here's the truth. We do have a boat. We lied about it refueling. It's at the Northwest dock." Mitch grabs Darius by the arm, and says, "Is that it?"

Darius nods his head. "Yeah. Seems like a fair tradeoff."

Mitch smiles. "Good. Oh, that reminds me, I need to radio Hap, let him know that we are going to need the truck from the garage. Going to need SOME easy way to carry the Dino heads."

"You brought a garage?" Darius asked.

"No." Mitch answers. "We found it." A few more minutes of walking, everyone starts hearing some thudding footsteps. Mitch orders everyone to be quite. He and Tiff start pulling out their guns, and loading them. Darius recognized them. His Uncle had a similar hunting rifle at home. The three teens were shoved behind the adults. The sun had already started to set. After waiting for a bit, the prey finally comes into view. A Stegosaurus. Darius cursed himself for what he was doing. Mitch and Tiff looked in awe. "She's beautiful, isn't she babe? Just stay clear of its thagomizer." Tiff looks at him with confusion. "The spikes on its tail."