Chapter Thirty-Two

Back again with another chapter. I feel so bad for posting short chapter's these last few weeks. I'll try to drag this one on for too long that it needs to be.

Also, for those who are wondering and asking, this story is not going to end yet. I plan to drag these guys all the way through Dominion. Soooooooooooooooooooooooo.............

Yeah.

 Enjoy, stay home, stay safe.

Two days before the attack

Darius and Brooklynn were talking on the phone again. He would be lying if he said it didn't become a favorite pass time of his. The subject for tonight's conversation was Kenji. "Do you think that he's going to choose his father over doing what is right?" Brooklynn asked.

The older teen thought for a minute. "I don't know. Uncle Josh is the closest thing I have to a father. He basically lost both of his parents at a young age. He's only NOW seeing a side of his father that he's forgotten. I just hope that he remembers that we're here for him."

The two teens sighed, something they've been doing together a lot lately. "How are your dads?"

Brooklynn let out a light huff. "I thought they were overprotective before the island. This just almost feels too much." The two teens let out a light laugh.

Tell her now.

DEW IT!

"So listen." they both said at the same time. They laughed again, and Darius said, "You first."

Brooklynn nodded. "Um, there really isn't an easy way to say this. But... I'm going to be moving again soon." Darius's smile fell slightly. "The area that we're looking at has a good market right now. And, for whatever reason, I can't get rid of this adrenalin high. I think I need something to get me excited again. Plus, the area looks nice. A change of scenery should help pull me out of my semi depressed state of mind."

Darius put on a full smile again. "Nice. I'm happy for you Brooklynn."

The girl smiled, but noticed he started to get that happy/sad smile again. "So, what did you want to tell me?"

The older teen thought for a minute. He bit the inside of his cheek. Too late. I lost her. "Um............" Darius shook his head. "Nothing. Not important. I can always tell you another day."

"Darius?" Brooklynn eyed him suspiciously. The older teen looked at her. "Why are you doing this again?"

"Doing what?" he asked.

"THIS." Darius couldn't see her gesture, but he knew her well enough to know what she was doing. "Everytime we try to tell each other something, you close up. I'm the only one who shares anything anymore. And I don't know why we keep going back and forth."

Darius tried to lie his way out of the situation. "I don't know what you're talking about Brooklynn. I thought what I needed to say was important. But on second thought, it's not a big deal anymore."

"Whats not a big deal anymore Darius?" Brooklynn asked.

"Nothing." Darius said, trying to not let his voice go high, or get frustrated too much.

Brooklynn said sternly, "Don't lie to me Darius. I KNOW why. You're lying to me."

Darius got defensive. "I'm not lying. I don't know why you're getting so pressed with me."