Chapter 20

TW:

MENTIONS OF RAPE, SEXUAL ASSAULT, VIOLENCE, GENERAL TRAUMA, AND ABUSE

Kaia's POV

"Well to start off... Umm when I was little I used to get bullied alot. When I was in school kids used to make fun of me because my family didn't have as much money as them. In middle school I liked this girl when I asked her out she rejected me and told the whole school... That shit kinda lowered my confidence and self esteem..."

He looked down and started to fiddling with his fingers. I softly grabbed his handing, making him stop. He wouldn't look up.

"Hey it's okay" I said softly,"keep going."

He continued talking...

"I got bullied more after that...then in highschool, specifically 11th grade,these guys made my life a living hell. They pushed me against the lockers, beat me up behind the school, take my lunch, at one point one of the dudes broke my car window I got for my birthday and he popped the tires."

"At that point in my life I was already going through a lot... I suffered my whole life because of my uncle. When I was younger he would babysit me alot. One day when I was asleep he came in my room, pulled my pants down, and he umm...h-he touched me. He said that it was just a game so I didn't think much of it. But then at one point he made me and my cousin take baths with eachother while he watched. We were still really little... Around 4 years old I think."

"If I didn't do what he wanted me to..he would beat me and tie up in the closet and leave me there for the rest of the day. My parents used to ask me where I would get those bruises and scars from but he would say that it was from playing to rough outside."

"He never stopped until I reached highschool and I secretly started to seek therapy for all the things that happened to me... Then t-those boys came along and made my school experience absolute shit. One point it got so bad that they left me in an ally once and broke my phone...some lady Walking by saw me bruised up, bleeding to death on the floor, almost unconscious, my phone completely broken, 3 bloody rocks beside me. They used the rocks to beat me up. My lip was completely busted. I could move. She tried to help me up but I just collapsed back on the floor. I was to scared to talk. That's when she called the ambulance. When I went to the hospital they helped me,cleaned me up, helped me to walk again. They told me I had to give them my parents number. When I gave it to them... That was the last time I talked for weeks."

"In 12th grade my mom got really sick. We didn't have enough money to pay for her treatment... That's when I met Josh's dad. He would pay me to do his dirty work. He would make me sell drugs. At one point I helped him clean up a body. That's when I joined the gang. I needed money for my mom's treatment. I was willing to give up my life just for her. That's pretty much it."

"Wow.....didn't know we had that much in common." I said after he finished.

"Wait... You went through stuff like that" he asked me.

"Yeah..."

"When I was 13 my older brothers friends would take advantage of me when he wasn't around. My brother and my parents trusted them with his whole heart. So sometimes the would babysit me. That's when they would ummm...yeah."

"Oh I'm sorry"

"Nah it's ok it's not your fault and plus my parents ended sueing them and their families. I was also bullied in highschool for being a nerd. The popular girls made miserable. I had a few friends. I was that person that everybody knew of. But, nobody spoke to me. I was bullied into doing people's homework, and I would get shoved against lockers. At one point all the bullying stopped and the girls got expelled. Then there were rumors saying I had sex with the foot ball team and stuff and people started slut shaming me. Then they found out it wasn't real so they apologized. Then after that I became a little cool. I was the nerd everyone got along with. Then uh yeah that it."