Yoshino Junpei's Salvation

Inari's POV

A few tense hours had passed since our decision to confront the curse head-on. The urgency was palpable as Itadori's voice crackled through the phone.

"I'm going, Nanamin!" Itadori's determination echoed through the call.

"You can't. I already explained why this morning." Nanami's voice, stern and measured, countered through the device in Itadori's hand.

"But if Junpei's at his school and there's a veil, we have to act now," Itadori insisted.

Nanami's tone softened, a hint of concern seeping through. "If a veil has been cast, there's a strong possibility he's alive and at Satozakura High School."

"We're going, no matter what you say. Got a problem? Deal with it!" I snapped, my annoyance boiling over.

"I'll be back soon. Please wait there, Itadori-kun, Aikawa-san," Nanami urged before Itadori abruptly ended the call.

As we prepared to leave, Ijichi appeared, a solemn barrier blocking our path. "Step aside, Ijichi-san," Itadori commanded.

"Our duty is to protect, not to recklessly endanger ourselves," Ijichi implored, his words a plea laced with worry.

But Itadori brushed past him, his determination a beacon guiding our path forward. 

I offered a reassuring pat on his back. "Don't worry, we'll make it through this," I assured.

Together, we arrived at the school, tension coiling in the air like a serpent ready to strike. "Where is he?!" Itadori demanded urgently.

"The gym. I can sense faint cursed energy emanating from there," I informed him.

With a forceful push, we burst through the gym doors, confronting the chaos within. "What are you doing, Junpei?!" Itadori's voice rang out, a mix of anger and concern.

Junpei stood amidst the turmoil, a puppet master controlling his twisted creation. "Stay out of this, jujutsu sorcerer," he spat out bitterness.

"Not a chance," I retorted, channeling my own energy.

As Junpei dashed down the corridors, a sense of urgency gripped us, propelling us forward in pursuit. 

"Moon Dregs!" he called out, summoning his shikigami, a bizarre jellyfish beast that seemed out of place amidst the chaos.

"A jellyfish beast?! Where did he learn that?" Itadori exclaimed, his confusion mirroring my own.

Without hesitation, Itadori lunged forward, fists poised to strike. But Junpei was prepared, surrounding himself with the gelatinous creature, using it as a shield against Itadori's assault.

"Blunt attacks won't work when he's inside it?" Itadori questioned.

"If that's the case, then try this!" I concentrated, channeling my cursed energy into my fingertips, forming a potent projectile. 

With a swift motion, I unleashed the energy, aiming at the curse. The blast collided with the jellyfish barrier, but instead of shattering it, the curse absorbed the energy, growing even larger.

I halted my assault, realizing the futility of my efforts. The situation had escalated more than I anticipated.

"Huh? He absorbed my poison. Is he creating toxins with his cursed power?" I muttered, perplexed by Junpei's unexpected abilities.

But Junpei was resolute in his defiance. "Don't make me repeat myself. Stay out of this, jujutsu sorcerer!" he warned, his words dripping with venom as he ensnared us within the confines of the jellyfish.