Chapter Two.

River, two years old

Tyra swears as she trips over Flora's chains (her twin), Shay snorts and Elvina smacks him. Both Tyra and Flora are one years old, they replaced Siofra and Naida who left our cells three weeks ago. Because they both turned five.

Flora has white hair and bright green eyes, she's one of the few young here who have no interest in anything. Tyra has dark red hair and bright blue eyes, Tyra asks everything she can think of. Mostly why? Why do I have to do this? Why that? Why? Why?

They are compete opposites, I glance down at the male laying on me. Felix has become oddly attached to me, I do not understand it but I don't tell him off either. I run my hands through his hair as Shay and Tyra argue about something, Aletta smacks them both and tells them to shut it.

Dianthe, Aletta and Fayette were moved into here six weeks ago, we don't know why. Dianthe is laying on top of Fayette who has her head on Elvina, who has her ears covered.

Tyra's voice gets louder and so does Shay's, I'm going to smack them both. "Both of y'all cut it out or I'm coming over there and y'all won't like what I do." They both flinch, my Alpha voice is starting to show up. Not sure which one yet but it works none the less.

"She's one. You'd think she'd let shit go. Or at least not pick fights about every little thing." Felix links me and I shake my head.

"She's young. And wants to know everything about everything. I was the same way, still am." I respond just as I notice Angus heading towards our cell, Felix follows my gaze and cringes. "Are we gonna talk about that or . . ?"

Felix fixes me with a glare. "We will not." I roll my eyes as Angus opens the cell doors and comes over to us. I nudge Felix off me as Angus unhooks my chains from the ground, he doesn't look at Felix who is ignoring him. Those two. Stupid males. Ignoring the fact that they are mates.

Angus picks me up and a growl slips past Felix's lips, I raise a brow at him and Felix looks away. Angus acts like he didn't hear Felix and leaves the cell, once we're far enough away I can't shut my mouth any longer. "Why don't you admit you two are mates?"

Angus blinks at me, I've never linked him before. "Your mouth is going to get you in trouble one of these days." I give Angus a hard look and he sighs. "I will be used against him. So it's best if I act like he doesn't exist."

Hmm I get that, kinda. "Right. I forget you lot have emotions."

"Yes. Now stop linking me. It's weird." I snort, he's a Hybrid, Dragon/Primal Demon/Dryad that doesn't like to be linked through his mind.

He sets me on the torture table, I let him chain me down. Something is off with his face, like he's hiding something. I open my mouth to ask but he starts cutting into my thigh, I clamp my lips together. Fuck.

TWO HOURS LATER

My body shakes, Angus pulls out my left lung. Fuck, can't breathe. 'We. Fine. Won't. Die.' Elentiya tries to comfort me but it's not working. It burns.

"You used to be so well behaved. Now you're in here every damn day. Sometimes more than once. Fucking Bert." Angus mutters as he cracks my sternum, I swallow the cures trying to escape.

He slams his hammer down on the other end of my sternum, ow. "Dennis says if you don't break soon you'll be forced to go to the Hangers. So if I were you, I'd let out that scream you're biting back." I ignore Angus even as my blood runs cold.

The Hangers are where you hang held up my your wings, arms, waist and neck. By chains, in a start fish position. In the Hangers you're whipped till you pass out, your wings are slowly torn off. The Hangers is the third worse place in here.