Chapter Twenty-One.

River, age seventeen.

This headache won't go away. I'm almost positive it's Rainer's fault. "You've been doing the same shit I have! I don't know why you're pissed at me for doing it as well!"

"Because! You didn't need to! I told you I had everything covered!" I growl right back.

"That's not just your job! I'm older than you! It should be on me! Not you!"

"What the fuck does age have to do with anything?! I'm over those that are fucking older than me!"

"So am I! But it shouldn't all be on you!"

"It's what I was born for!"

"It's what I was born for as well!"

"Mom and dad fighting. I don't think I've ever seen them ever get this bad." Star whispers to someone.

"Rainer! You don't understand! You could have been caught or killed!"

"River it's the same damn thing for you! You could have been caught or killed!"

"Oh god. How long have they been going at this?" Angus asks quietly.

"I can't die! You can!"

"About an hour." Noah whispers back to Angus.

"You don't know that River!"

"I do know that! I've tried!"

"So have I!" I stop breathing. "I tried a month after Cedric left."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Why the fuck didn't you, tell me?"

"I didn't want to hurt you!"

"They both tried to kill themselves?" Fayetta breathes, shock and horror coating her words.

"And I didn't want to hurt you! You're mad at me for doing the same things you've done! Who do you think you get that shit from? Not our father! Defiantly not our mother!"

I let my eyes fall closed. I can't do this now. I shake my head and open my eyes, meeting his. We're so similar, yet so different. "I need some air. I'll be back." I tug hard on my magic and land in the middle of nowhere.

I blink rapidly. I have no idea where I am. Fuck. I fall to my knees and cover my head. I fucking hate emotions! Tears fall down my cheeks. My brother tried to kill himself and didn't tell me. I didn't notice.

I was to wrapped up in my own torment.

Rainer.

River disappears and I walk out. I can't answer the questions that are bound to be asked. Fucking hell. I shift to my White Dragon form, I push off with my back legs, spreading my wings.

I can't be here. I bat my wings as hard and fast as I can, I feel the wind trying to rip my wings. I ignore the sting for now, I'll deal with it later. Right now, I need to get as far away as possible.

I don't know how long I'm in the open sky but my wings feel like they're about to fall off when I finally land in Terra Fracti. I think I'm in Déchue. In French it means Fallen. I pull my wings close to my body and lay down. Curling into a tight ball.

River tried to kill herself. She didn't tell me. I didn't even notice. What kind of brother am I? I didn't even notice my own sister was suffering! To wrapped up in my own shit to notice, she wasn't okay.

"Rainer?" A breathless voice causes my entire body to tense. Fuck me. I lift my head and spot someone I'd never thought I'd see again. Cedric. Next to him is a male I don't know. The male looks to be nineteen with black eyes and hair.