Chapter Thirteen.

River, Age thirteen.

It's been six months since I had Stormy, we've stayed in the woods. Stayed hidden. Rainer and I figured out how to slow the growth of the young, so they don't age as fast as we did. It hasn't been easy living out here, I've taken on the role of herd mother. To everyone. Even those older then I, it's a bit strange but since my magic is the strongest I am the leader.

The mother hen, in Felix's words anyway. Rainer, Star, Demitrius, Astro and I have learned a way for us to be the leaders and not kill each other. It wasn't easy, since we're all some form of Alpha's other. Rainer and I are everything while Star is an Alpha's Luna. Demitrius is an Alpha's Alpha and Astro is an Alpha Omega.

Our tempers clashing is not pretty. And has caused more damage than anything else. But we're getting the hang of things. Kinda. Rainer and Avery mated about a month after my young was born. I was happy they finally admitted it but fuck if I'm not a little jealous about it. He gets to have his mate. I don't but I'll learn to be okay with it.

"Momma Blue?" My eyes snap over to Lorcan, he has pink and orange hair with purple eyes, he's three. And has taken to calling me momma blue. Cause I change my hair to blue and my eyes changed to green without me wanting them too.

"Yes lovely?" His mother died giving birth to him. She was six when she had him and her body couldn't handle the birth.

"Are we going to stay in the woods forever?" He asks not meeting my gaze, I sigh and lean back against the tree behind me.

"Nah. Rainer and Demitrius are looking for a new place." I answer gently, he's a very timid kid.

"Oh. Okay. Um well I saw something yesterday. That's why I'm asking." I tense and look directly at him.

"What did ya see?" I keep my voice even and calm, even as my heartrate spikes.

"I thought I saw Curt." I stop breathing. Shit.

"Where? When?"

"We were by the little pond, around uh two ish? Dela, Tara and I were playing and then I caught a scent and looked around, Dela gasped and I followed her eyes. Then I saw him, he was smirking at us then he was gone." My hands start shaking, shit. Mother of all fuckers.

"Thank you for telling me Lorcan. Can ya stay with Storm for a little while?" I ask Lorcan, Storm looks up from where he was digging.

"Yeah." Lorcan heads over to Stormy and helps him dig.

Fuck me. Okay it's fine, we'll move today. "Okay everyone we have to move out today." I link all of the adults of the herd. "Rainer, Felix, Demitrius, Star and Connor get everyone out. Go to the place in the town that Rainer found last week. Astro, Flora, Elvy, Avery, Xander, Calix, Niles and Kyril we're staying behind."

"What's with all of this?" Star asks, confusion lacing her words.

"Lorcan saw Curt watchin' him, Dela and Tara. Get everyone ready to go." I answer and see the adults of our herd moving quickly around.

"It's why we're staying behind." Flora states, it's not a question. So I don't respond and after a few minutes everyone is ready to go. The young ask what's going on but they don't get an answer they're just rushed away. I look around those that are left. "Shift and let's go." I them and shift to my Snow Leopard form.

Astro shifts to his purple Wolf, Flora shifts to her grey Dragon form, Elvy shifts to his red Wolf. Avery shifts to his dark brown Griffin form, Xander shifts to his blue Dragon form. Calix shifts to his Panther form, Niles shifts to his dusty red Wolf and Kyril brings out his golden wings.