Chapter Eighteen.

River, Age fifteen.

I slam my knife through his eye and he falls like a sack of potatoes. I pull my knife out and spin around, I lock eyes with the last guy standing as I run my tongue over my knife. Licking off his friend's blood. "You sure you still wanna play with me?" I smile sweetly at him, I wrinkle my nose. "Did you piss yourself?" Suddenly a knife is lodged into his neck he hits the ground. I snarl and turn towards Rainer as he jerks his other knife out of a dead guy. "That was my kill, you dick."

"Do I look like I care?" What the fuck as gotten into my brother? He's been grumpy and dickish since Cedric left. He grabs his other knife from the guy I wanted to kill and starts walking away. Nope.

I'm done with his bullshit. I dart in front of him, grab his shirt and slam his back into a wall. "Either tell me what crawled up your ass to make you such a dick about everything or I'll rip it from your mind."

"Fuck off River." Rainer tries to shove me away but wrap my hand around his neck and get in his face.

"No. I've given you time. I let you rage around. For six damn months. I am not joking, either tell me what happened between you and Cedric or I'll find out myself. Pick."

Rainer's shoulder drop and he throws his head back. Annoyance and defeat written all over him. "He's my fucking mate. I ignored him because I didn't know if he was gonna stay or not. Than after he found out about you, he told me he planned to leave. To go home."

"Shit."

"Yeah. So I tried to keep my distance. I didn't want it to hurt. I was wrong. It hurts so fucking much." Rainer crumbles to the ground, I go with him. I slide onto his lap and tuck his head under my chin.

"Does he know?"

Rainer scuffs. "No. I wasn't going to tell him. Not if he wasn't staying. If he had stayed. . . I would have. . ."

"Oh Rainer. Why didn't you tell me?"

"I thought the pain and anger would leave. I was wrong." I kiss his forehead and tighten my grip on him.

"I'm so sorry Rainer." I don't know what else to say.

"Don't be. I'm the dumbass who has a mate that doesn't realize he's my damn mate."

"You can't choose who your mate is." I bump my head against his.

...

I raise my Panther head as Storm, Cal and Rowena hop on my bed, in there Wolf forms. "Momma."

"Yes?" I don't how like how they're looking at me.

"How mad would you be if uh Noah did something really stupid?" Rowena asks slowly. She's only four and yet, she already makes me want to pull my hair out.

"Depends. What'd he do?"

"He may or may not have brought a few strays here." Rowena won't meet my gaze.

"Oh? Who did he bring?"

"Don't know." Storm answers.

"Hmm well than I should go meet them." I hop off the bed and my young follow me down stairs.

"Hey Bluebell." Noah smiles at me, I look past him at the eight people I don't know. Chris, Tate, Derya and Rosabella are also here. "I want you to meet Dominic Fern, Katie Tam, Daisy Anthony, Barker Patton, Peter Smith, Ellie Smith, Valerie Doe and Egan Doe."

Dominic has golden eyes, brown hair and almost black skin. He look's about twelve, a Panther shifter.

Katie has green eyes, blonde hair and pale skin. She looks about seventeen, she a Talons Witch. Daisy has orange eyes, purple hair and red tinted skin. She looks about nineteen, she's a Primal Demon.