Chapter 13

SHE stared at his handsome figure standing before the mirror in the dressing room. The long, brown blazer with a black turtleneck underneath matched his perfectly-styled blond hair, along with the wide-legged pants that were held elegantly around his small waist by a CHANEL belt.

"You look beautiful!" She complimented, rushing over to hug his waist. He returned the hug and allowed a small smile to creep over his face, his racing heart stumbling to a halt.

"Really?" He asked, his voice little with worry. "Do you really think I'll be able to impress your fans? Do you think they will like me?"

She nodded, shoving him away gently. "Of course, beautiful. Everyone will love you."

He nodded eventually, then glanced at her slim figure. The black, ruffle jumpsuit that hugged her slim curves matched with her black wedge high heels, along with her heart-shaped necklace that matched with his heart-shaped choker collar.

"You look... Beautiful too, Jagiya." He complimented and turned his head away to glance at his shoes shyly, his cheeks turning light pink.

"Thanks, baby," she spoke with a smile, "now, are you ready to go?"

He nodded his head eagerly, extending his arm out in a successful attempt to hold her hand. She entwined his hand between hers, then led him out of the room. Down the stairs. To the living room.

"Now, let's go."

Taking one last look at the security cameras hanging at two different corners of the living room, she smirked and led her husband outside the luxurious mansion, where a big, black limousine was waiting for them both.

"Mal! Who's your handsome partner?"

"Are you two going to perform tonight at the Grammys?"

"How long have you two been together?"

Mal smirked at the questions thrown at her by the paparazzi, then turned to her husband, her arm securely over his waist. "Introduce yourself, baby."

He nodded, then turned to wave at the multiple cameras before them, a wide smile on his handsome face.

"Hi, I'm Hyunjin!"

"Where are you from?"

"How long have you known Mal?"

"What are you good at?"

Mal chuckled at Hyunjin's baffled expression and rubbed his back.

"We're married!" She exclaimed, her voice cheerful and proud. He grinned from ear to ear and reached up to wrap an arm around her torso.

Cheers erupted from the crowd and questions circled the couple from every direction.

"For how long?"

"When was your wedding?"

"Are you planning on having kids?"

The question made Mal's smile barely fade, knowing that she wasn't planning on having kids because she was asexual.

"Lauren!" One of the journalists yelled, turning to glance at the blonde girl just stepping onto the floor. "How do you feel about your opponent being married?"

Lauren sent a seductive smile to the camera and flashed her gold gown to the journalists before speaking.

"Of course I'm happy! Wouldn't wish anything more than her getting married to a person who's just like her." She spoke with a delightful tone through what Mal thought were gritted teeth.

"Hyunjin, what do you do for a living?"

"Are you two happy now that you're married?"

The couple took a few steps further into the entrance and posed once again. Hyunjin wrapped his arm around his wife's torso to hold her close, noticing how her smile faded earlier.

Mal rested a hand around his hip and glanced at Lauren, who was staring back at her with a smirk.

"Tick," she seemed to mouth, putting a hand over her waist to distract the media, "tock."

Mal frowned and turned to her husband once again, her eyebrows furrowed while she thought.

What was Lauren planning on doing?

Soon enough, it was time for the couple's performance. The two changed into their matching stage outfits and hurried to the stage.

"Welcome, guys! Today we will be performing one of our songs, dark side!" Mal held Hyunjin's hand as she spoke to the crowd, who cheered almost immediately.

The two then began moving around the stage, flawlessly performing the dance that they had practiced for three days in a row.

"Do you want to meet all my monsters? Think you're tough, I know they'll drive you bonkers. Meet them once and they'll forever haunt you." Mal sang in a smooth, beautiful voice into the mic while she held onto Hyunjin's waist, their expression dark and menacing.

"There's no heroes or villains in this place, just shadows that dance in my head space, leaving nothing but phantoms in their wake." Hyunjin took his turn to sing, his voice angelic and soft, his Korean accent clear through the English lyrics.

"There are parts of me I cannot hide, I've tried and tried a million times."

Lauren watched their smooth movements with hatred, her heart burning between her ribs.

"Why did she get everything she wanted? Even a performance at the Grammys! All because of her mothers!" Lauren thought to herself, tears of anger blinding her vision.

"Cross my heart and hope to die, welcome to my dark side."

The beat dropped, and so did the couple's dark expression.

And so did Lauren's.

The blonde smirked to herself and continued to eye the two performing, her expression getting darker and darker.

She knew what she wanted to do.

One last smirk formed over her face before she turned to take a step back, away from the crowd.

She was going to pay.

____________________