Wattpad Original
There are 43 more free parts

snowflakes

noun ~ a flake of snow, especially a feathery ice crystal 

PHOENIX

Nova was staring dumbfounded at me. I remained still, allowing her a moment to process what I had just told her. It wasn't long before her face contorted into confusion.

"How?" She asked.

"I am not sure of the full story, Samson was rather... closed off about it," I admitted. "I didn't want to push it too far."

As much as I wanted to dominate the older male for answers, I knew Nova would not appreciate my outward anger.

"Tell me what happened." She narrowed her eyes. "Cors saved me, he can't be... a bad guy."

I sighed but nodded, sitting on the bed beside her. "Okay, I will tell you."

***

Samson shifted in his seat nervously, waiting for my response to the information that the muted male was Nova's blood relation. Admittedly, I had seen the male around often, following Alexander around the castle. Nova claims he was the wolf who saved her from Nox. He had apparently been present the whole time of her capture, under a disguise. He had obviously been charmed because I could not smell him, nor did I see him there. His timely escape saved him a lot of trouble in the future.

"Why is he not spoken of?" I wondered. "I have met him many times at the castle."

He grimaced. "He is still friends with Alexandar?"

Cocking my head, I narrowed my eyes. "You know of my cousin?"

"Of course, I do." Samson scoffed. "He and Cors have been friends since the King was young."

"Right." I nodded. "Cors does not speak, when exactly did he lose his ability to speak?"

"Not long after he committed treason."

"Treason?"

"Yeah."

I grunted, crossing my arms. "Are you going to tell me straight or are we going to keep doing this?"

Samson's nose twitched. "Why are you so interested in him?"

I growled, baring my teeth at his need to question me. "He was at the camp where my mate was kept and he supposedly saved her from death. He has been around the kingdom for years, who is he?"

"Okay." He inhaled heavily, his chest expanding with effort. "Cors was always hot-tempered, he and Frederick never got on well. Cors believed that Lycans should rule the world, that we should take over the werewolves' royal line, wipe you out."

I couldn't hold back the growl, defensive of my bloodline, one that threatened my pups. "His bloodline was the one that turned mine."

"Yes, I know." He sighed, continuing. "We outcast him, shunned him... He grew angry and got on the enemy's side. He was part of the reason Isabelle was taken and we believe that the vampires knew where we lived to kill us because of him. If it wasn't for Angela stopping them with a spell, we all could have been dead."

I grimaced with disgust. "So he thought killing you would keep you quiet?"

"I suppose he did."

"And his lack of speech?" I asked.

"I do not know..."

Very strange. For someone to go that far to harm a member of their family, must've meant they were treated in such a way that provoked such an emotion...