Wattpad Original
There are 16 more free parts

evergreen

adjective ~ relating to or denoting a plant that retains green leaves throughout the year

"You are not going back there." Phoenix demanded.

I narrowed my eyes. "I am seeing this mission through."

"Mission?" Leo snorted.

I glared at him quickly, before looking back at my mate. "Yes. I got these wolves here; I got the information we needed and held off the fighting. It's a mission."

"Fair enough." My brother grunted.

"It is not a nice place down there." Phoenix shook his head.

"I have been in worse." I folded my arms.

"Nova..." His jaw ticked.

"Phoenix." I growled. "If I am in there, I hope to tie up some loose ends. If there is nothing valuable, then I may have a vision which can help us find the others."

"Others?" Charlie asked.

I turned to him, ready to give him my very detailed response, until I realised he was meant to be a wolf. Wolves couldn't talk, so Charlie was now very, very naked. It startled me, my eyes quickly averting away from his prideful nudity. I heard him snicker, causing me to scowl at him, anyway.

"Put some clothes on." Phoenix nudged him.                       

Charlie shrugged, choosing to cup his mini-me with a small frown. "What others?"

"Apollo, Dawn's mate, for a start. He is in this with Angela." I stated.

"You know for sure?" Phoenix wondered.

"Yes."

He blinked at my curt response, but nodded. I knew my attitude was confusing him, the bond warming with his interest to get into my mind. But I was on a role right now, and I wasn't about to lose my mojo and run away.

"I see. It would explain why Dawn is living perfectly healthy..." Phoenix frowned. "Who else?"

"Whoever was at that meeting with Donovan?" I explained. "Whoever was there has to have some motive. It was like it was all a game to them, so they all have to be in on it. We just have to find them and stop whatever they are doing before more people get hurt."

Phoenix shifted, avoiding eye contact. I knew he was prideful and I could feel his hurt through the bond. The pain, the fear was lingering and Phoenix, with his already scarred mind, would not shift it so easily.

"That could take weeks... months... years!" Charlie whined.

"So?" I cocked my head."

"That's a lot of paperwork."

"We just killed two of the most powerful, darkest witches in existence, and took down a huge part of a rebel group. And you worry about paperwork?" I quirked an eyebrow.

Charlie blinked, a blank expression coating his features. "Yes. I'd rather not do any paperwork."

"Well, you better get started then. More time equals better research, right?" I cocked my head. "Beta's duty."

He growled, looking away from me to whisper to Phoenix. "Your mate has gotten bossy in charge."

Phoenix smirked, shrugging him off. "She is your Luna. Better beg for forgiveness now before she remembers everything you've done... or not done."

Charlie's eyes widened comically before he dared a glance at me. "I will join you down there. Let me just get dressed!"

He was scrambling to find something from one of the bags. Phoenix's eyes were burning into my skull as he desperately tried to get into my mind. I didn't want to let him in when I was so focused on my tasks. I wanted to save the emotional part of all this until we were alone. Then we can talk and cuddle, and just hold each other.