Four

Edward ran through the hospital to be greeted by his father. "Where is she?"

"Surgery. Her mother came close to killing her." Carlisle informs his son. "She's strong, but it's going to take time for her to trust people."

"How did this all happen."

Carlisle shrugged as he wishes to find out what really happened. What caused her mom to try to kill Carli Bradshaw?
~~~
"You did what?"

"Emmett, they needed to know."

"Rosalie, she could have died because of you!" Emmett says as Jasper held him back. "Are you really that damn jealous!"

"She wants you, Emmett. You rather be around her than your own mate!" Rosalie cried out. "You still rather be with her...Carli is stealing you from me."

"She is not." Emmett said calmly. "Carli is my best friend, baby, but right now, I can't even be in the same room after what you did."

Rosalie stood in shock as Emmett walked away. She looked at the others as they shook their heads in disappointment. "I told you." Nate tells her. "He was going to be pissed, but Edward. He may kill you."

"She was stealing Emmett."

"She wasn't." Jasper says. "Trust me, her feelings is all for Edward and Edward only. Emmett is like a brother to her."

Rosalie couldn't believe what she said and ran off. Esme sighed as did Alice. She tried to help, but she also done all this out of jealousy. Something that is hurting Emmett. "How long will he be mad?"

"Carli will talk to him and gets him to forgive Rosalie." She says.
~~~
Carli woke up with a gasp and looked around her. "Hello?" She said as Edward walked in. "You're here."

"Do you know what happened?"

"My mom thought I was the one behind her getting caught." She said with tears in her eyes. "You didn't tell anyone..."

"No, but Rosalie did."

"Why?"

"Because she thought she was helping, plus she was jealous." He tells her as he sat down. "She believes you want Emmett."

"No." She says. "I only want you. I like getting to know you."

"Why couldn't you tell us?"

"This." She pointed at herself. ""All I needed was a hero to save from that horrid woman."

Edward grabbed her hand causing her to look at him. "I shouldn't have kept my distance. I will always regret not saving you earlier."

Carli smiled as she touched his cheek. "I will never say it's your fault."
~~~
Later that day, Carli was looking out the window when someone walked in. "Hey." She looked to see Emmett. "Where's Edward?"

"Gone to get me something to eat." She tells him. "Why are you here and not with Rosalie."

"I'm pissed at her at the moment." He tells her. "Rosalie had no reason to do that. Edward and I were going to tell, but we never once paid attention to see if we were followed. This is all my fault."

Carli smiled as she looked at her best friend. "Emmett, you are like a brother to me. Don't feel like this is your fault because it's not. It's no ones to be honest."

"Why's that?"

Carli gave a small smile. "Because soon or later, I would have been dead." She tells him.

Edward arrived back with her food causing Carli to smile. "Thank you."

"Um...my parents want you to come stay with us till they contact your family."

"There's no one left." She tells him. "It's just me now."

Edward and Emmett looked at one another knowing what they need to do. "Since visiting hours are about to be up, we're going to let you eat and sleep." Edward tells her as he kissed her forehead. "I'll be back tomorrow."

"So will I." Emmett says. "Promise."

Carli smiled as they walked out of the room. The two looked back in to see Carli eating. Emmett looked at Edward as he knew what he was thinking. "Let's go talk to Esme and Carlisle."

"I don't want..."

"I know and I will make sure that she keeps her distance." Emmett says. "Her jealousy went to far this time."

Edward nodded as they left. He wondered how long it will take for Carli to warm up to him more. He doesn't want her afraid of him or any one in his family. "We need to help Carli heal. Slowly."

"We will. You and me know what to do. The others just has to gain her trust."

"True."

"Let's think of what to say to Carlisle and Esme than the two of us should go hunt."

Edward shook his head as they left. He just hopes that Carli would be okay being around him a bit more. He'll make sure she has her own room. That had him planning everything for Carli. He wanted her to be comfortable and safe when she's with him. Even down to telling her the truth.

"Emmett?" He looked back. "I think we need to also bring up telling Carli about us. I want her to feel safe and comfortable around us."

"I'm glad you finally are accepting what you are for Carli."

"Anything for her now."