Twenty

The next day, Carli walked to the table where Edward was at. She heard them talking about La Push. "Carli?" The blonde looked at Erica. "Do you want to go with us?"

"I can't. I actually have an appointment tomorrow to see the baby." She tells them. "Plus, I don't like going over there."

They nodded as she walked over to her table. Edward smiled a she sat down. She looked at him with a kind smile. "Have you two discussed when the wedding will be?" Rosalie asked as they shook their heads. "Any idea on a baby shower?'

Carli shook her head. "I've never really thought of anything. I don't want to stress out." She tells them. "This is just too much right now. With  Bella trying to stick her nose in this family's business and there is Nate who really isn't helping to keep it a secret." Hearing a growl, Carli looked at Nate as he walked over to Bella.

"He growls at her one more time, I will kill him."

"Edward..."

"Baby..."

"Let him be. He's just going to be an ass because he can't fully be with Bella till she finds out. That's what he wants." She tells them. "He can't seem to get the courage to be with her and seeing all of us is not helping." She looked at Edward. "Like you did when we first met."

Edward looked down in guilt. "If only I didn't ignore you..."

"Past is the past, baby. I'm not worried about it." She says as she stood up not realizing she hasn't really touched her food. "This is now and I like what we have. We're getting married and have a baby on the way. Don't worry."

They watched her walk away as Edward stood up and followed. Emmett looked at Rosalie concerned. "She didn't eat."

"I've noticed."
~~~
Later on that day, Carli was eating an apple when Edward got beside her. "You really do know that I'm sorry for that. I shouldn't have ignored you the moment I saw you." He says. "I love you, Carli and I'll always feel shitty for what I've done."

The blonde looked at him with tears in her eyes smiling. "What is it going to take for you to understand that I don't care. You had your reason and now, I'm safe with you. My vampire hero." She wiped his tears. "We really need to figure out more about our bond or something because you shouldn't be the only one crying."

"We will. I'm planning on introducing you to the Denali's that way we will find out."

"Sounds good to me." She tells him. "Edward, can we go? I'm hungry and it's not for food."

Edward nodded as he walked her to the car. Bella saw the couple talking and hopes that one day, Nate can be like that with her. She watched Edward kiss Carli before shutting the blondes door and walking to the driver side. "She's watching." Edward says as he got in.

"Don't worry about it. That's Nate's problem. Not ours."

Edward nodded as he pulled out. Carli smiled as she grabbed Edward's hand. He looked at her as she started falling asleep causing him to smile. He couldn't wait to get home and spend some alone time with her.
~~~
Seeing as no one was home, Carli went straight to their room as Edward went to get her some animal blood. She found her a dress that she bought as today she was going to see what they can do. She may have been with Edward for a year now, but today, she felt like today was going to be a special day for her and Edward.

"Wow."

"You know why I bought this?" He shook his head as he walked over to her with the blood in a bottle. "Today marks three years since we met, but we didn't start dating till a year later. You've saved me from a nightmare and I thought I could show you just how much you mean to me."

"Baby, I know just how much I mean to you." He says putting his arms around her as she moaned at the taste of her drink. "I didn't say anything, but your mind says it all. I know how much and this dress just makes you glow." She smiled. "I can't wait for our future to continue the way it is now."

Carli smiled as he kissed her stomach. "I actually had this idea we go see a movie together." She tells him. "Gives us some more time to be together. Alone."

"Let's go."

"Edward?" He looked at her. "I love you."

"I love you."