Six

Carlie woke up and saw Edward sleeping. "Edward?" She whispered as she shook him awake. "What are you doing here late?"

"My father agreed to let you move in with us."

"Why?" She asked. "I only know Emmett..."

"Because I don't like the idea of you going back to a house where you almost died. I'm sure you want to get some sleep." He says as she nodded. "Carli, I won't let Rosalie come near you."

"She didn't know what she was doing. Blinded by jealousy." She says and sighs. "I only have eyes for you, but right now, I want to know you better. I need to trust you."

"I will do anything to gain your trust." He tells her. "Starting now."

Carli looked at him and nodded. "Starting now."
~~~
Arriving at the Cullens, Carli grabbed Edward's hand afraid. Edward looked at her. "Carli, before we go in. I want you to know about me and Emmett."

"Okay?"

"We're vampires and so are the others."

Carli didn't know how to feel about what he just told her. Her mom abused her and she's friend's with a vampire. "Is there more?" She asked.

"I'll explain more once I get you to your room. Please don't be afraid of me."

Carli nodded as they walked in. Once she gets more information, she will decide if she's afraid or not. She stopped as she saw all eyes on her causing her to grab Edward's hand. "Everyone, meet Carli Bradshaw." Emmett says as he stood beside her and Edward. "I know Edward told her, but I want you all to know that she is nothing like the other humans."

"I'm so confused." She says. "I was thinking if I should be afraid for one, but you nor Edward had caused me harm." Carli looked at Rosalie who looked away. "Emmett, I think you should talk to Rosalie. She's hurting enough."

Emmett looked at his best friend. "I don't know..."

"Emmett, I'm too tired to argue, but I can tell she feels guilty and in time I will." She tells him as she looked at Edward. "Can you introduce them tomorrow?"

"Sure." Edward says. "Come on, I promise to tell you more."

Carli nodded as they went up to her room. Rosalie looked at Emmett as he stared at her. "Emmett..."

"I'm still upset with you for putting my best friend in danger, but I hate that we aren't talking and...I miss my mate."

Rosalie ran into his arms as she cried. She thought for sure he would never talk to her again.
~~~
Up in Carli's room, she slept with one thing on her mind. Being Edward's soulmate. She smiled as she thought her head was on a pillow, but instead, it was Edward that she rested her head on. "I will keep you safe and help you heal, Carli. I promise."

Sorry it's short.