Chapter 15

I am observing Qaara as she eats the ice-cream her father brought for her. It was her request, but it looks like she's not enjoying the dessert. I took a spoonful of ice-cream to try it. The ice-cream is good, and I couldn't see anything wrong with it. My eyes went back to Qaara. So, why is she pouting now?

I gulped and started combing her short and smooth hair. She glanced at me. My eyes moved when she got up and went closer to me. I was confused when she kneeled above the sofa, but then I realized what she was up to. She moved to sit on my lap. Her head lay at the center of my chest. I gasped and surveyed the room to look for Klaus. Klaus' eyes met mine. I saw a bit of shock in his eyes while looking at us.

Nakatayo si Klaus sa hamba ng pintuan ng kusina habang pinapanood kami. Slowly, he smiled and walked toward us.

"Qaara, what's wrong?" Klaus asked Qaara when he was already sitting beside me.

Qaara did not even glance at her father. Ngumiwi ako kay Klaus. I think she's sulking! Natawa ako ng kaunti dahil ngumuso si Klaus habang tinitignan ako. Umiling siya at kinalabit si Qaara, but because she's sulking she hugged me tighter.

"Baby, why are you sulking?" Mahina kung tanong habang hinahaplos ang likod niya.

"Daddy ko, always buy the exchact ice-cream! Ako hate it!" napalabi ako habang si Klaus ay natigilan. So, that's why!

Tama naman si Klaus dahil kapag napupunta ako rito palaging rocky road ang binibili niyang ice-cream! Napapansin kung iyon talaga ang binibili niyang ice-cream at hindi niya rin tinatanong si Qaara sa kung ano ang gusto nito.

"Ikaw kasi..."

"I thought it was her favorite." he whisphered.

"Nagsasawa rin si Qaara, Klaus."

"I'll just buy a new one. Hindi naman problema iyon. Qaara, baby, stop sulking and hug daddy."

Lumingon si Qaara sa daddy niya. Tinitigan niya muna si Klaus bago lumipat sa kandungan ni Klaus. Natawa ako dahil umiyak agad si Qaara matapos maupo sa kandungan ni Klaus. Hindi na nagulat pa si Klaus sa pag-iyak ni Qaara. Tumayo si Klaus habang buhat si Qaara at pinatahan. I can't help but smile. They looked so cute together.

Klaus looked at me and told me to come closer, so I did. He took my right hand while trying to stop Qaara from crying. He kissed the back of my hand and then kissed Qaara's cheeks. My heart beat so loudly because of what he did. My heart tightened and I felt a cold thing in my stomach.

After dinner, Qaara and I watched her favorite movie. She even asked me to sing for her, but I did not. Nakakahiya! Ang pangit pa naman ng boses ko kaya naman nanood ulit kami ng iba pang movie dahil ayaw ko raw kumanta. Klaus on the other hand, was talking to someone on his phone. Malayo siya sa amin kaya hindi ko naririnig kung sino ang kausap niya at kung ano ang pinag-uusapan nila.

I pouted. I want to know who he's talking to and what they're talking about so badly, but I can't voice it out. I silently pat Qaara, who's now sleeping. Napatingin si Klaus sa akin kaya naman agad akong nag-iwas ng tingin. Baka akala niya nakikinig ako! Tumayo ako at dahan-dahang binuhat si Qaara at naglakad patungo sa kuwarto nito. Inihiga ko si Qaara sa higaan niya at tinitigan mo na ito.