Chapter 16

I've got nothing to do today but smile. He's making me smile. I feel so happy. 

He bore his gentle eyes on me while talking to one of his employers. He can't help but smile whenever I smile at him to assure him that I'm fine where I am now.

You know why I can't help but smile?

His eyes are always delivering words to me. It was like we were writing secretly on paper because we needed to keep silent. It was the best. That man standing a few meters away from me is talking with me with his eyes. That we're both understanding what we're trying to show and tell without saying any words.

I diligently ate the food that was served to me, and after that, I glanced again at where Klaus was. He's not done talking, so I stood up and walked to his car. It's already night. I arranged the things in his backseat while waiting for him. I was done with what I was doing, so I watched what he was doing inside the restaurant. He was watching his employees cleaning the restaurant, ready to close it.

I think everything was settled when he went out and is now walking towards me. I tried to breathe properly as he was nearing me. He still has this effect on me. I can't help but to breathe out loud. I tried to not mind his hand that was now wrapped around my waist.

He smelled me and kissed my forehead before leading me to go inside his car. I sat down and waited for him to go inside. After he went inside, he started the engine and drove. As you might not know, we are going somewhere. Kaya naman maagang nagsara sa restaurant si Klaus. May party kina Harold at pupunta kami. Harold likes parties, so he often arranges parties whenever he's bored.

My hand felt warm when Klaus took my hand while he was driving. Ngumuso ako at pinigilang mas higpitan and pagkakahawak sa kamay niya.

"You're going to sleep in Harold's house tonight?"

"Oo. Sabi niya kasi..." Tumango siya at tumingin sa gilid niya. Napangiwi ako. Nakatulog lang ako sakanila ay parang gusto niyang palagi nalang akong matutulog doon! Aba, kahit malaki na ako pinapagalitan parin ako ng magulang ko.

"Sakin kana matulog."

"Papagalitan ako." ngumuso kami pareho.

"Sasanayin na sana kita." Narinig ko 'yun kahit bulong niya lang! Namula ako ng husto at humigpit ang pagkakahawak sa kamay niya. Napansin niya iyon kaya napatingin siya sakin.

"Tumingin ka sa daan!" 

"Yeah..." He replied while still looking at me. Napailing-iling ako. I pushed his head to make him look in front of him. He chuckled after what I did.

Matapos mag parking sa labas ng bahay ni Harold pumasok agad kami Klaus sa bahay ni Harold. Marami kaming colleague and classmate noong highscool na nandito kaya medyo napausap pa kami ni Klaus bago nakapunta sa kuwarto ni Harold.

Akmang bubuksan ko na sana ang pinto ng kuwarto ni Harold pero pinigilan ako ng dalawang kamay. Napabaling ako kina Klaus at Saiko. They both shook their heads. Klaus pushed me closer to him. Nagtataka akong tumunganga sa labas ng kuwarto ni Harold.