Change In Management

It was a few days after Eggman's defeat. All of New Mobotropolis was gathered into the coliseum for a celebration. Eggman had been defeated and his empire had fallen! Why shouldn't they celebrate?

"Come on. This concert is for you as it is for the rest of us," Sally says as she drsgs Sonic to the seats. "And you've moped enough."

"I'm not moping," Sonic states. "I'm just... y'know."

Sonic and Sally make it to the front seats where the rest of the Freedom Fighters were.

"Okay, so I've been out of sorts," the Blue Blur admits.

"Hey, Sonic!" Tails greets his best friend. "I saved you a seat."

"Thanks, bud," Sonic smiles as he takes a seat.

"Are you worried about Robotnik?" Sally asks as she sits as well. "This isn't the first time we've thought we defeated him."

"It's not that. I know we got him this time. I saw him snap. Dude totally fell apart right in front of me," Sonic leans back in his chair with his hands rested behind his head. "I've beat him plenty of times before, but this felt... different. Like I did something to him worse than just kicking his butt. It's like things went too far this time."

Sonic shook his head and turned to Sally.

"Nevermind all the unspeakable things he's done," he lets out a breath. "I'm not making any sense, Sal."

"We'll talk about it more later, okay?" the princess suggests. "For now, Mina's music should put you in a better mood."

Speaking of which, Mina and her band had finally finished preparing and all stood together on the stage.

"Hellooooooo, New Mobotropolis!" Mina greets the countless Mobians. "We're the 'Forget Me Knots'! We're back from our world tour, and we're ready to rock! ARE YOU?!"

The crowd all cheered in response and Mina grinned.

"THEN LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!!"

She and her band immediately began to play their music, only to be cut off when a lightning bolt strikes the stage floor and knocks the band off their feet. Everyone looks up to see a monkey on a cloud wielding some sort of bo-staff.

"Party? The beacon of hope for Mobius and you're playing like children at a time like this?" Monkey Khan questioned in anger. "What kind of lazy, self-congratulatory jerks revel when the rest of the world suffers?"

Ash helps his girlfriend back to her feet as the Chinese monkey Mobian glares at everyone.

"Where are these so-called 'heroes' of Mobius?" Khan asked. "I want you charlatans you look me in the eye and tell me why you're so great!"

Everyone was shocked at this sudden arrival. Especially Sally.

"Monkey Khan?" she questioned.

"And just when I thought post-Robotnik life would be boring," Sonic turns to Sally with a smirk, giving her a thumbs up.

Meanwhile, outside of the coliseum, Espio the Chameleon was sitting on the floor of his house. His legs were crossed and his eyes closed, meditating as he hummed. That's when the sound of lightning caught his attention, making the chameleon open his yellow eyes. He turns to look outside and sees lightning crashing down inside the construct.

"Trouble at the coliseum...?" he questioned before bursting into a sprint. "And why does it feel like the beginning of something terrible?"

Back at the coliseum, a fight has broken loose. Sonic had spun at Monkey Khan who blocked the attack with his electric staff. The hedgehog bounces away and lands back on the ground.