Chapter 7

I finally finished cleaning the lobby and replacing the lights in the chandelier, I checked the time as it was lunch time, so I went to the kitchen and put on an apron and started cooking authentic Italian, Osso Buco Alla Milanese. It's tender veal shanks, braised slowly in white wine, is served with an array of vegetables. A serving of aromatic gremolata, a condiment made with lemon zest, garlic and parsley, is added to complete the dish. Just like Ma used to make when we were celebrating something, or we had gatherings. I started to gather everything I needed and got started.

I was just about done when Alastor walked in, "greetings my effeminate fellow what have you made for lunch today?" "Osso Buco Alla Milanese, it's Italian and something my Ma made when I was growing up" I was so deep into my cooking I didn't realize just how close Alastor was to me until he grabbed my shoulder making me jump and cut my palm, deeply, "GAH (1) CAZZO DELL'INFERNO" I look down at my hand and curse "(2) MERDA" I move away from Alastor to the sink and start washing my hand trying to clean it but it won't stop bleeding "(3) accidenti" I grab a towel and wrap my hand, "Al can you finish please all you have to is take from the oven when the timer goes off and serve it" I don't wait for him to respond before I take off.

It took a couple of hours, but I reached the hospital, I go inside, and the nurse immediately runs me to a room where a doctor is waiting, he motions to a seat and I sit down removing the towel, "Well good news it's not that bad but you will need stiches" I thought as much, I sit and let them stitch my hand before wrapping it. "Now try not to use your hand for a few weeks and you'll be fine. Now off you go" I nod and walk home.

Once I reach the hotel and go inside, I'm engulfed in a tight hug and a crying Charlie "hey Chuck, whats wrong?" "YOU GOT HURT AND THEN RAN OFF, I WAS WORRIED SICK ANGLE" I use my 2 sets of arms to hug her and explain what happened "so your ok now?" "yup, sorry to worry you all" "It's ok, and your food was great Alastor tried to tell us what it was but couldn't remember" I laugh, "it's just a family recipe" I walk over to the bar to find Husk waiting "hey Husk" "how bad?" "7 stitches and I can't use it for a few weeks, otherwise I'm good" he nods

(1) FUCKIN' HELL
(2) SHIT
(3) Damn it