011

I wake to Harry's wolf beside me, his nose pressed to my ear. He's been in his wolf lately on the outside chance someone threatens the pack house. When I turn to look at him, his teeth drop something and I pick it up, my back the only thing really sore.

Read it, he says, my head nodding.

Wolfsbane may not kill you. Kidnapping my mate was a bad idea. Who will pay the price?

My head looks at him and he presses the end of his snout to my forehead, licking lightly.

I have to deal with an issue. Stay in bed and I'll be home soon. Okay?

I nod and kiss the top of his head, his wolf walking out of the room. Isaac comes back into the room and helps me sit up, my hand grabbing a book and reading. Since my phone shattered the night of the attack, I have resorted to reading.

Hours go by and I take more pain medicine, but Isaac runs into the room.

"Give me your arm," he says, my arm moving towards him.

"What happened?" I rush, needing to know if he's okay. He has to be okay.

"He was bitten by another wolf. His shoulder just needs to be healed," he says, my lips frowning.

"I want to see him."

He sighs and retracts some of my blood, his head nodding.

"I'll help you walk," he says, my hand grabbing his arm.

It's painful at first, walking really slow until we make it into the living room where Harry is. He's lying on his stomach with two other pack members who were injured, my aid in walking leaving me as I struggle to walk.

"Fuck, this hurts!" Harry yells, another writhing in pain.

"You shouldn't have attacked him Harry," Alex sighs, Harry fuming with anger.

"He purposefully put wolfsbane in my mate's drink. I will kill him," he grits, my feet hitting a board that creaks.

"Mae," he sighs, then yelling in pain as Isaac presses a shot into his shoulder.

"Get back in bed," he says, my body kneeling in front of his. I grab his hand and he calms down some, his shoulder healing almost instantly.

"Isaac said I could come here," I retaliate, his arms pushing himself up. The other men are healed and get up, moving out of the room. We're alone and he stays on the ground, wrapping his arms around my body.

"How do you feel?" he asks, my hands grabbing his cheeks. He literally has me in his arms. It's making me feel really small.

"I'm fine. Does your shoulder feel better?" I ask, his head nodding.

"Listen, I need you to go back to bed," he says, my head shaking. I smile and keep his face in my hands, brushing my nose with his.

"I'm fine. I want to stay with you," I say, his lips curved at my actions on him.

"You should rest," he whispers, my head shaking, setting my head on his.

"Harry, I've been bored and I feel fine. We should do something," I say, his hands on my back.

"What would you want to do?" he asks, my lips pressing to his cheek. I start kissing down his neck and he lays me down, crawling on top of me.

"Mae, anyone could see us," he whispers, my lips curving.

"Let them," I grin, his head shaking. He lifts me easily into his arms and takes me into the kitchen, handing me something to eat.

"Uh, Mae," he says, scratching the back of his neck.