013

Harry.

I run back to the house, running as fast as I can knowing I had left Mae unprotected for almost an hour. I can't stand Blue Moon. They are pushing me to the edge, my anger almost unhealthy at the pack.

"Harry," Gemma tries to stop me after I shift, but I run past her.

"What the hell?!" she yells, the house in sight.

"I have to get Mae!" I yell at her, her feet running and standing in front of me.

"I need to talk to you," she tries, my hands nearly pushing her over.

"Later. I have to see Mae," I say, bolting into the house and up to our room. My hand opens the door and I see Mae curled up on the bed, her eyes closed as she sleeps.

She's okay.

My hand shuts the door and I walk over to her, pulling her into my body. Mae turns and wraps her arm around my waist, setting her leg on mine. She curls into me and I kiss the top of her head.

"You're okay," she breathes, her petite body clinging onto me.

"I'm fine. You're safe," I tell her, kissing her forehead.

She's scared; I know she's scared. Mae isn't afraid to express fear and I try to make her feel protected.

"What can I do for you?" I ask, her fingers brushing my back.

"Stay here," she mumbles, her head nuzzled into my chest.

I do just that, her eyes closed as I hold her close to me. I keep my eyes on her to make sure she's alright, her eyelashes resting on her cheeks.

She stays wrapped in my arms for a solid hour before she moves, my eyes intent on her actions.

"I'm taking a shower," she says, my lips parting.

"Uh, okay," I say, her body moving off the bed. She closes the door and I stare at the ceiling, feeling a mixture of emotions.

"Harry?" I hear her small voice ask, my body standing from the lying position I'm in.

"Can you get me a shirt?" she asks, my head nodding. I retrieve one of my own for her to wear, the white material obviously something that will be lengthy on her. I don't mind; her wearing my clothes is something I've always found attractive.

"Thank you," she says, grabbing the shirt before disappearing as the door closes. My lips release a sigh and I sit down on the bed, stressed with everything going on.

I want this environment to be safe for her. We're constantly on our toes and I find it too dramatic. All I have to give to her is myself. I'm a mess. I'm constantly angry at something, pissed off at other men in the pack, and tense all the time. The only time I'm relaxed is when my mate is beside me, smiling and kissing me.

That's why it's so hard waiting for her. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have it any other way, but I have my wolf urges. If I don't mate with her quick enough, I start to feel my muscle clench and she will too. It's called 'heat'. It's the urges wolves feel. It's sexual; as in we need to be touched by our mate in an intimate way.

I fall back on the bed and close my eyes, touching my lips as I think about her. Mae is my girl; my soulmate. I couldn't have been happier with her. She makes my day turn from anger to happiness just by smiling.

"Harry," Gemma says, walking into the room.

"What is it?" I ask, anger in my voice. I'm still upset she had told us to mate; her filter lacking.

"Alex had told me that you are now the Alpha of this pack," she says, my head nodding.

"You took my Luna position away," she says, my body sitting up.