Chapter 13

Damon sat around the conference table. They had called an emergency meeting regarding knowing that Ava was the killer. "So why did you call this meeting, Damon?" The chief asked.

"Ava Uruola is the serial killer and we have a way to catch her."

Bobby gave Damon an encouraging smile, "Oh?"

"Yes. Ms. Mitchells can explain our idea on how to catch her."

Raelyn looked at him, surprised. He understood. Explaining the idea would give him a better chance of the promotion, but that didn't matter as much to him anymore. It was Raelyn's idea. She should get to tell it. Raelyn cleared her throat. "Ava Uruola's MO is killing single men from her high school class that dumped her after one date. Ava is a big, burly woman. She believed that if the men didn't want to take the chance to love her, they wouldn't get the chance to love anyone. She kills them with a bullet to the back of the head in their house. We were thinking that we could set her up with another single man from her class who dumped her, and when she is about to kill him, we arrive and catch her. We would give the man protection, but make sure that Ava didn't know."

Jake rubbed his eyes. "How are we going to find a single man from their class that asked her out on one date and dumped her? The odds are stacked against us. I'm not saying its a bad idea, but it's just difficult."

"If we looked hard, I'm sure we could find one. Olivia Murray is able to find anything."

"If you guys can pull this off, do it." The chief encouraged. "And I agree, asking Mrs. Murray would be a good idea." He stood. "This meeting is over."

Before the chief and Bobby had even left, Holly was on the phone with Olivia. "Hi Olivia. We were wondering if you could stop by today. Oh, it's your day off? No problem, come by tomorrow. What? No. You don't have to. Okay. Bye." Holly hung up the phone and looked around at the remaining agents. Damon, Jake, Gary, and Raelyn. "It's her day off. But she's coming anyway. And bringing Jack."

"The FBI detective? Sweet." Gary popped his gum.

"The Wagner's really are popular around here." Raelyn commented.

Damon grinned, "Yep."

Fifteen minutes later, Olivia and Jack Murray entered the conference room that had been set up as a workroom. The whiteboard had been rolled in, computers were set up, and the dead person files were scattered across the table.

"Hi guys." Olivia smiled at everyone and set her laptop on the table. "So remind me what I'm looking for."

Jake blinked at her willingness to jump right in. "A single man that graduated from Rampart High School in 1996 and asked Ava Uruola out, then dumped her after one date."

"But secretly hates cheese pizza." Jack added.

Raelyn, Olivia, and Damon started to laugh at his dry humor but Jake, Holly, and Gary didn't understand.

"What?" Gary asked.

"I was just making a joke because Jake is so specific on what Liv needs to find, she might as well find out that he secretly hates cheese pizza."

Holly still didn't understand. "I don't-"

Jack waved it off. "My humor is on a different level."

Olivia rolled her eyes playfully. "Your entire self is on a different level."

Jack gave a lopsided smile. "You chose to marry me."

Raelyn shook her head. "Weirdos."

Olivia laughed and opened up her laptop. "You guys figure out what you're going to do with the guy when I find him."