Best Fronds

Before all this...

Me, Marcy and Sasha were outside a thrift store watching Anne about to steal the Calamity Box. The others were encouraging her while I gave her a look of desperation, mouthing to her 'Please don't Appa' ... Yeah that nickname needs context. I'll tell this tale and then I'll make a little nickname context thing. It's fun. Afterwards, we were in the park with the box. Anne opened it and we were all blind. That's a part of why we're in this mess.

Back to the future! I mean.. the present! Erm... the past?

Anne proceeded to jump scare me screaming 'Guys guys guys! I just had the craziest dream. I was trapped in a world of frog pe- oh.' My reference brain just thinks up something gooood. 'Turns out this is reality A-a. I was convinced this universe was a hologram though.' She sussed me out. 'I'm guessing you were convinced that reality was an illusion as well?' 'How'd you guess, Mabel?' 'I dunno. You're pretty typical, Bill.' I think HP was getting cheesed. 'Ahem. Ready to make more sense?' I forgot other people were in the room. 'Heya guys! Sleep good?' 'Careful!' 'They could eat your guts!' I said the words. 'Anne's a picky child. She won't but I'm curious.' I messed up. 'Polly, get the crossbow!' Sprig was a saviour. 'She's joking!' 'Oh thank frog.' HP and Polly finally left meaning we were left with Sprig. Anne and Sprig had a moment and I zoned out but then heard my name. 'What about you Millie? Are you excited to be here?' Oh boy. I never planned on coming here but if frogs were here, wouldn't that mean newts were here? I wasn't ready to reveal my tail just yet. I had to choose my words carefully. 'Well I guess. I do wanna get home but I am intrigued by all this.' 'I'm intrigued on how you ate a bug without throwing up.' 'Well it tasted ok Appa' So things happened, Sprig offered to be our friend, we're all going to the lake.. until HP locked us in. What's Anne's idea for all this? Why steal the key of course!

'So, any ideas?' Oh you're gonna regret that Aang. 'Possession. Demonic possession.' 'Oh hell no. What about you Sprig?' 'I know! What if we use a fishing line to lower me from the ceiling? Then I grab the key right outta Hop Pop's pocket. I'll move like a shadow.' He then proceeds to knock an artefact of some kind over. Totally a shadow. 'Umm, shadows knock things over sometimes.' Then something cool happens. Hop Pop was sleeping with his eyes open. 'Can I put him with the crops and scare some crows?' Sprig gives me an unexpected answer. 'Sure. Me and Polly do it every week and today is scarecrow day.' Surprisingly, it was Anne who stopped us. 'Not a good idea. If he wakes up with the crops, he'll know we got out.' 'Oh sugarbomb yeah..' We just did a grab and go. So I did this: 'Welcome to Asda Grab and Go. Please scan your item.' The scanner was the lock. 'How much, Asda?' 'That will be one secret handshake.' 'Ok fine.' 'Sprig get ready to see this.' 'I don't know what's happening..' Well, good luck to him then. And you. 'Waddles fam, Waddles fam. Welcome, to Mabeland! The rainbow shows the fun we had. Til Bill took over and we ran.' You know what? I'm gonna let you guys think of what the actions were. I know what they are but it'll be funny to read other versions. 'Are you done?' Me and Anne were in giggles but we managed to catch our breath and be on our way. 'This is great. Just three pals beating the odds to have some fun!' 'I only came cause I know you two are gonna get yourselves killed by a water snake or something.' 'We'll be fine. Here! Smile!!' I did a peace sign. Anne did a silly face and Sprig got blinded. by the lights!!!! Do do do do do. Do do do doo do. 'This friend business is amazing!' 'Didn't you have friends before we showed up?' 'What about that Ivy kid? Surely you know her.' 'Wait, how do you know Ivy?' 'Hehe... I got into a sparring match.' It's true, I did. 'Ok. Other than Ivy, kids here don't really get me.' 'Well they're missing out!' 5 minutes later... We got to the lake and there was a sign saying BEWARE. Sprig tried to get Anne to leave, me supporting him then Anne proceeds to list a couple things the bitch known as Sasha Waybright manipulated Anne to do. She's afraid we might not wanna be her friend if she doesn't do stuff... ooh. The two then went their separate ways.

The end.

Haha, just kidding.

Sprig jumped in and then got landed on by Anne. I didn't go in for certain reasons, one of them being the fact that I didn't know this was happening and I didn't put on a waterproof concealing potion. Dang it. Luckily, I brought a library to Amphibia and got reading, starting with Malory Towers: Collection 1. I got halfway through the first book in the collection when I heard the two scream. Oh boy. I found out I was right. There was a water snake behind them. I meant it as a joke. Anne screamed to me, 'Can you at least come help?!'. Well what was I meant to say now? Here's the thing. Sprig may have accidentally seen my newt tail in the middle of the night. I told him not to tell Anne or anyone else just in case and thank god he agreed. His defence: 'She doesn't seem that well. Let's not force her!' Luckily, Anne believed him and they beat it on their own. 'Hey dude were you okay? You seemed fear frozen.' 'Yeah, I just have some past trauma that manifests itself as monsters at night and that was similar to one of them.' Sprig knew the other part of the reason but that was also a reason. I'm not even lying. Anyways we got back, locked the door and did some stuff in the basement. Sprig and Anne were playing some random board game whilst I was trying to finish my book. I actually managed to finish the collection on that day so I could move on to My Mum Tracy Beaker next. God knows what else I would face.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

Word count: 1085 words

Ehvw iurqgv iruhyhu. Mxvw brx dqg ph. L kdyh d idfdgh brx fdq qrw vhh. Li brx gr, brx'oo volfh dqg nloo. L'p iurp wkh ixwxuh, L nqrz brx zloo.