Taking Charge

It was not long after dinner. Anne was personally starting to get on my nerves due to her boredom and nagging. One of those being at that very moment as she was going on about Suspicion Island having auto downloaded on her phone. When she finally went upstairs, I pulled out my reusable/portable charger. Should I have shared it Anne? Yeah, probably. But knowing her, she may not be as clumsy as Mars but she'd probs still break and/or lose it. I came upstairs once Anne had showed the Plantars the trailer and Hop Pop asked, 'What is this demonic nonsense?'. I didn't get involved and just went straight back to the basement. The others watched the first couple episodes but I passed because I'm gonna be honest, that show is crap. Actually, reality tv as a whole is crap.
The next morning, we all woke up to Anne screaming. It wouldn't be the first time. Her battery had drained overnight. 'Are you sure there were no apps or updates running in the background?' I asked her.
'I would know if I had left an app open Millie. I close all my tabs and windows every night!' she responded.
The weirder part was that all the episodes had been watched and before she knew it, the phone died. Everyone started accusing each other, me getting no blame due to the fact they all knew (except Polly) that I don't get up at night. It was the stakeout all over again. Then Anne mentioned that they needed to at least charge her phone with electricity or 'zap zap'.
Hop Pop showed us a book of Amphibia's creatures which mentioned the zapapede. Sprig accused him of being a backstabber, referring to Suspicion Island during it. Then I got my first accusation from Polly. 'Maybe it was Millie! Maybe she... wait, no. That doesn't work, she's never seen it. I take back my accusation!'. Good to know Polly has... some sort of common sense. The accusations and suspicions were getting weirder and less sensical every second it went on. They all shoved each other out the door. 'Normally, I wouldn't come with you when you guys are this out of it but I'm gonna have to make sure no one dies, aren't I?' They all nodded their heads. 'Knew it. Come on children!' None of them retaliated the clear insult and they just trailed along behind me.
We were on the side of the mountain with Sprig singing a nice little song whilst playing his fiddle. I didn't exactly agree with the lyrics but I still bopped my head. I will admit, he is a good singer. Hop Pop pointed out a zapapede asleep on a small pillar but to get to it, we needed to cross an unstable rope bridge. As you'd expect, a group of 5 that are all but 1 at each other's throats causes the bridge to break and oops! No more bridge. Anne suggested that we should lower someone down. More Suspicion Island shenanigans, more arguments, more stupidity. I was just awkwardly stood there as the other children fought and Hop Pop tried to stop them fighting and eventually admitted that 'It was me!'... I'm sorry what?
You read that right. It was Hop Pop. Hop Pop, who is obsessed with keeping the old ways, watched a modern reality Tv show at midnight or something with most of the dialogue and references probably going way over his head.  He made up for it by diving into the zapapede pit, yeah did I forget to mention that?, so he could charge Anne's phone and mine. I don't know why but he offered to charge mine too. I accepted and let him... nearly die. Me, Anne, Sprig and Polly all linked arms to save him... and then got electrocuted ourselves cuz Y'know that's how electricity works. Can't be created or destroyed, only transferred. Via us. And then it dispersed into the ground. When we were headed home, he nearly spoiled the show for the rest of them but I couldn't care less. I still don't wanna watch it.