Aspen's Problematic Parents (a tale that ocuured during The Domino Effect)

This side tale will replace The Domino Effect
We were playing nearby the woods with a beetle scythe thing when Anne flung it nearly killing Sprig so we ran to grab the weapon. We all heard a screech and had to save a caterpillar that conveniently looked line A-a's cat, Domino. As we were leaving the forest, I heard some rustles and whispers. That could only mean one thing, it was an 'AMBUSH!' *sigh ambush. 'Hey Ivy, hi Aspen. Can you please get of me? You two are heavy.' They both got off and I got up. 'Hey Millie! To be honest, I wasn't even aiming for you, I was aiming for Sprig but it is what it is.' 'What am I not good enough or something?' 'Ahem. Forgetting someone?' I turned to Aspen who was waiting for me to acknowledge them even though I already did. 'So, how's the name and pronouns situation going with your parents?' 'Not much better & possibly a lil worse?' 'Oh for goodness sake what's happened?' They looked down and sighed deeply before telling me. 'Yesterday my mom deadnamed me at dinner so I politely told her 'Excuse me Mother Juniper? May you please call me Aspen and not Zinnia? I no longer go by that name' and my mom said 'Well Zinnia, that is the name I chose for you. You have no way of legally changing your name unless you go to Newtopia and you have no permission to travel there for four weeks for a stupid name like Pensa' 'Aspen' Then dad joined in saying 'Zinnia do not interrupt Mother Juniper' I tried to get them to hear me out by asking them, 'If you will not call me by my preferred name, will you at least use my preferred pronouns which are they/them by the way?' And guess what they said?' 'Something rude and bitchy?'- me Sorry if you guys are losing track of who's speaking. 'Yup. My dad told me 'singular girls use she and her. They and them are used to describe a group of people.' Before I could say anything my mom interrupted 'Now, if you mention any more of those disgusting mindsets in this household, you will not be welcome in it. Understood, Zinnia?' I didn't know what to do. So I just responded 'Yes, Mother Juniper.' She then set me the usual maid work. 'Now go change into your maid's dress and dust the shelves. I would like them done in 30 minutes as I need you to also prepare food for a meeting with Mayor Toadstool at 5:00pm this evening. You are unfortunately expected to be there so you shall change into your smartest dress. Before you do that you shall collect the newspaper for Father Adair and make a bug stew for Willow. Do you understand your tasks, frogling 00001?' I couldn't do or say much cause they never listen so I just said the robotic lines. 'I have understood my tasks Mother Juniper. I-' 'No, no, no. What did we discuss that you would call me from now on?' I simply sighed. 'I shall start on my tasks now Matron, Father Adair, Miss Willow.' And I left the room. I just wish that they would accept me and wouldn't treat me like a slave.' Me and Ivy hugged Aspen tightly but not so tight that they couldn't breathe. Ivy said to them 'If your parents ever become so idiotic that they throw you out, me and my mom will gladly take you in' I joined in telling them 'Yeah, and I'm sure the Plantars would welcome you with open arms. I mean, they've taken in me and Anne, what's the harm in one more am I right? You have people who love and accept you for who you are Aspen. You've got us. Now come on. We're the AIM trio!' 'Aspen!' 'Ivy!' 'Millie!' 'SCREW GENDER STEREOTYPES CAUSE THEY'RE NOW ALL SILLY!!!'

If you understood the reference because there always is one then you have my respect and please be my friend. If you need a hint, here is your number: 25629. Good luck 😉