Chapter 18

Yoongi stared at the card in his hands before looking up to the small building, Hotel del Luna. As he glanced up towards the building, he couldn't help but furrow his eyebrows in confusion.

Was this run down looking building Hotel Del Luna?

The building was only 4 stories tall, but he remembered his uncle describing it to him as a hotel with 100 stories, and a grand looking ballroom. Yoongi was 100% sure that a grand looking ballroom could not fit in a four story building. The building looked run down, with the sign not lit up, and all the lights off. Moss grew upwards on the red bricks of the building. It looked more like an abandoned building than a hotel, but the sign on it said otherwise.

He sighed as he made his way up the stairs, suddenly remembering his uncle's warnings. How on earth did he end up here?

"Noona? Is that really-" Yoongi's words got cut short and the women disappeared with a cloud of smoke. Yoongi stared in shock as another card slowly floated towards him when the smoke cleared. 

'Want to find out the answered to your questions? Come to Hotel Del Luna. Now clean your tears. People will start to fill the carridge up.'

Yoongi quickly wiped away his tears and straightened his attire.

He made up his mind.

Hence, he now stood right infront of the door, hesitating on whether to go, wondering if it was a good idea. "Ah screw it." Yoongi said as he gather hus courage and opened the door, only to find the lights off, with no guest other than the receptionist, Joy.

"Ah, welcome! She's been waiting for you!"

'Who? Irene? The lady Uncle warned me about?' Yoongi thought as Joy lead him to the lift, and entered after he stepped it, bringing him to the . As the lift sped up, Yoongi was surprised as bow could a 2 story building have so many levels?

The lifts doors open with a ding as they stepped out. Yoongi gasped as he looked around at his surroundings. The room he was at was the grand looking ballroom his uncle had told him about! The room was 2 stories tall and had many counters for people to register and get theur keys to the rooms. 'Ah, this must be the lobby!'

As he slowly admired his surroundings, Joy sped up towards a man dressed in the gotel's uniform and exchanged a few word with him, before scurrying away back to the lift, waving to Yoongi as a quick goodbye.

"Ello!" The guy said as he approached Yoongi, giving him a scare. "I'm Minhyuk! And you must be Yoongi! Am I right?" Yoongi nodded, looking at the person infront of him, wondering if Minhyuk was younger than him.

"How old are you?" The question burst out as Yoongi frantically started to apologise. Minhyuk just burst out laughing and answered, "I'm 88 actually!" A look of confusion passed over Yoongi's face as he looked at Minhyuk weirdly, thinking that he was joking. "H-how?" 

"Irene casted a spell actually!" Minhyuk giggled like a teenage girl. 

' He's definitely mental.' Yoongi thought.

"Let's get going!" Minhyuk said, as he led the way.

-

"He's hereeee~" Minhyuk ssang as he enter Byulyi's office, as she was doing taxes. She looked up in irritation but once she saw Yoongi, it melted.

As Byulyi stood up, and walked towards him, a still gawking at his surroundings Yoongi. Upon realising that people were starring at him, he immediately snapped out of his daze, looking at the people around him.

His eyes widened. "Noona?" He immediately ran into her arms after seeing her eyes twinkle as she smiled, non-verbally confirming her identity. As the 2 hugged qnd cried, Minhyuk stood at the side, dramatically wiping away his nonexistant tears.

"But...but you died! How are you still here? Why didn't you come back to us?" Yoongi asked, confused. "Yoongi, I am dead. Everyone's dead here. Well, except you and Minhyuk. Welcome to hotel del luna, the hotel of the dead."

Sensing Yoongi's shock, Byulyi proceeded to explain some things to Yoongi, which lead to them cayching up with each other's lives. "Speaking of hotel manager, when do you wanna start work."

"Huh? Work?"

"Yeah! You uncle sold you to Irene in order to stay alive, which means you will work here! But since Irene left, she passed one the responsibility to get you to work here to me! But since I'm and nice person, I won't force you immediately. You can start next week." Byulyi smiled, as if that was the most normal thing to tell someone.

"But I have a job with BTM hotel! I can't just leave!"

"We'll provide you with an apartment, and other things!"

"Give me time to think! Please! I can't work in a ghost hotel where the guest are dead! How am I gonna see them? I'll come back next week to tell you again." Yoongi stood up. "Now I must get going. I have a train to catch to go home! It was nice meeting you again noona!"

"Alright then. See you tomorrow." Byulyi said as she picked up her pen.

"But I said next week?"

"You'll definitely come back tomorrow." Byulyi snickered as Minhyuk understood what she meant and giggled.

"No, I'll come back next week. Goodbye!"

"Bye Yoongi!" Byulyi looked up and walked towards him. "And Happy Birthday. Enjoy your gift!"

She snapped her fingers and with a puff of smoke, Yoongi was back home, passed out on his bed.