Upset

Seth had gotten used to categorizing humans.

In the beginning this had been a simple tactic to help distinguish between them. Seth wasn't yet used to paying attention to their finer features and found it easier to simply divide them according to behavior - and garment. During his imprisonment this method worked quite flawlessly - the only humans he came into contact with were either Whitecloaks - the weak ones that cut him up - or Guards, which were dangerous and in possession of guns.

But after he was freed, his interaction with different humans suddenly increased drastically. He had to come up with new designations to keep track of them all. Among those new categories, Students and Teachers were one of the first ones. Later on he added more: Fake-Guards (Gregory), Guild Agents (Benson, Costa and lots of others he didn't know the name of), Leaders (Director, Luanne), Others (Francesca, Food-Guy).

This helped him keep track of his environment without having to analyze each and every scent he came across - which would have caused an incredible headache in a building filled with humans. As long as the scent belonged to one of the categories, he registered it but didn't pay it any more mind.

Which was the same thing that happened at the clearing - he had quickly realized that all scents belonged to the two categories, Teacher and Student, and hadn't wasted any more thoughts on the individuals.

This was also why it had taken a prompt for him to find the irregularity: someone he still classified as a teacher, even though he should no longer belong to that group.

Thinking about it caused Seth some annoyance. Donovan especially was someone he already felt an even stronger dislike towards than regular humans. That it was him that escaped his notice grated on his nerves.

So he had decided to pay more attention from now on, and diligently analyze all scents around him.

Like right now. While lounging in one of the few available chairs he constantly filtered the scents of all the clustered humans in the room.

It was quite a hassle though, as there were so many of them. A Leader, a Guild Member and Students. Each emitting not only their own fragrance but also whatever they had applied to their skin, clothes or what they had recently eaten.

They were currently crowding into the office of the Guild Leader, Luanne. This time there was no plant water on the desk and Seth was relieved to at least be spared this aroma. Still, he'd never thought he'd be here again so soon.

He was the only one sitting down apart from Pack-Leader, Luanne. He didn't know what kind of human etiquette this was - there were two more free chairs - but he was too lazy to stand up and follow it like the others.

"I cannot quite accept this 'evidence' you present me," Luanne said, her hard eyes flickering over Seth before returning to Rose Mary behind him.

After Seth had told the girls his realization about Donovan, Mary Ann had wasted no time in contacting her sister. Calling her to the school, she had first told her everything she came up with, then Kaya chimed in with her Gnome story and lastly Seth was forced to repeat himself.

The red-haired young agent had apparently taken their words seriously because the next day all of them had been invited to the Guild and even personally been picked up by her.

Pack-Leader continued: "All you have to implicate Mr. Donovan is this paranormal's word."

"He has no reason to lie, Ma'am."

"On the contrary, I think he does. Isn't there a quite infamous, unresolved conflict between these two?"

Seth thought about her words, tilting his head. It was true that Donovan had hit him, but in return he had lost one of his legs and his job. Seth thought overall the exchange was alright and the conflict settled.