Chapter 3

"What's the date? The exact date?" Five asked, while wandering the kitchen to make a sandwich. 

"The 24th," replied Vanya. 
"Of March," I added, still staring at him in wonder. 

"It's been 17 years," said Luther, standing in front of Five. 
"It's been a lot longer than that," scoffed Five, teleporting away to the shelf. 
"Still haven't missed that," muttered Luther.

"Where did you even go?" asked Allison.

"The future, it's shit by the way."

"Called it!" Klaus giggled, I elbowed him.

"Should've listened to the old man. Jumping through space is one thing, jumping through time is a toss of dice."

"Wow, never I thought I'd hear the I'm-always-right Five actually admit that he was wrong and dad was right," I said, raising my eyebrows. 
"Ah, Y/N," he said glancing at me. 

"How long were you there?" asked Diego.

"45 years, give or take," he said, continuing to make his sandwich.
"So what are you saying, that you're 58?" Luther asked.

"My consciousness is 58, apparently, I'm back in my 13 year-old body. Delores always said the equations were off. Eh, bet she's laughing now," Five sighed.

"Nice skirt," he said, looking at Klaus. 

"Oh, well, danke!"

"So how did you get back?" I asked.

"In the end, I had to project my consciousness forward into a quantum state version of myself that exists across every possible instance of time," he replied

"That makes no sense," Diego stated.

"Well, it would if you were smarter."

I snickered quietly into my hand as Luther held Diego back from attacking Five.

Five looked at the newspaper and picked it up. "Guess I missed the funeral. Heart failure, huh?"

"Yes."

"No."

Allison and Luther said it at the same time, looking at each other. 

Five clicked his tongue, then took a bite into his new sandwich. "Nice to see nothing's changed."

"So that's it, you got nothing else to say?" Allison said. 

"What's there to say? Circle of life!" he called back at us, walking off. 

"Can you believe that little turd? He comes back after years and he doesn't give us a hug or anything," I muttered.