Chapter 16

"Look, I hate to be the one to say this, but everyone needs to prepare. " Luther declared. 

"For what?" I asked, running my hands through my hair. 

"To do whatever it takes to stop Vanya."

Allison smacked him with the notepad, shooting him a glare. 

"I-- We may not have a choice, Allison," Luther said. 

"Bullshit,, there are always options," Diego said, huffing. 

"Really, like what?" I sassed. 

"I don't know," he muttered. 

"Look, whatever we decide, we need to find Vanya. And fast, okay? She could be anywhere," Luther said. 

"Or...here," Klaus said, pointing to a spot on the newspaper. It was a picture of the violin concert Vanya was going to be performing at. 

"That's right, her concert is tonight," I said, scooting into the seat next to Klaus.

"Hello," a woman said. "I hate to intrude, but my manager says if you're not gonna bowl, you gotta leave."

"Who's turn is it?" I asked, rolling my eyes. 

"Oh for--," Luther groaned, picking up a bowling ball and flinging it towards the lanes. "We're the only ones capable of stopping this. We all have a responsibility to Dad."

"A responsibility?" I said, standing up, my voice raised. People turned to look at us. I glared at them. 

"Yeah, Luther, really.. To dad?" I continued, a bit quieter. "No, I've heard enough about--"

"He sacrifice everything to bring us back together." Luther interrupted me. 

"I'm with Luther on this one," Five said, looking at us. I sat back with a huff. 

"We cant' give her a chance to fight back. There are billions of lives at stake, we're past just saving one," he continued. 

"Hey, you know, uh, guys... maybe I could help," Klaus piped up. 

"Now is not the time," Luther sighed. 

"No, no, let him talk..." I said, resting my cheek against my hand. 

"Listen to me. Today, Ben punched me on the face-"

I snorted. 

"-And earlier at the house, he was the one who saved Diego's life, not me. You want proof, is that it?" he asked, picking up a bowling ball. 

"All right, I'll-- I'll give you proof."

He threw the bowling ball at Ben, who's arms were outstretched, a look of hope on both their faces, but fell in disappointment when the ball crashed straight through Ben, landing on the floor with a pathetic thump. The others scoffed. 

"Is there any way to silence that voice in your head that screams out to be the center of attention?" Luther asked. 

"Hey guys-- No-- He's telling the truth, I can see him too." I said, gesturing toward the space where Ben was. 

"Here we go--" murmured Diego, slapping his forehead. 

"Y/N, are you sure you're not on drugs?" Luther asked worriedly. I sighed. 

"You know, I liked you a lot better before you got laid," said Klaus, slumping in his seat. 

It suddenly became quiet. Klaus' eyes widened, realizing what he just said. I snickered into my hand. Ben whacked me on the head and I glared at him. He just smirked. 

"Uh.. Which was a complete... It wasn't his fault... 'Cause he was ridiculously high, right? A-And the girl, she thought he was a furry..." Klaus stammered. He was clearly making it worse for Luther. 

"Stop." Luther said. Allison stood up and walked out. Luther went after her. 

"And he said I was the one on drugs," I snorted, looking around. 

"Excuse me, it's my son Kenny's birthday today, and.. uh.. wouldn't your child be happier playing with kids his own age? Assuming it's ok with your two dads." she said, looking at Diego and Klaus. 

There was a pause before Five said:

"I'd rather chew off my own foot!"

The woman looked shocked, before putting her hands on her son's shoulders and steered him off. 

"Damn girl," I said, laughing. 

"If I was going to date a man, you'd be the last man I'd date," Diego said, disgusted. 

"You'd be lucky to get me!" said Klaus. 

"You'd be lucky to even get someone," I said. 

We sat in silence for a few minutes, me laying a head on Klaus' shoulder, when Allison and Luther came back. Allison's eyes were red and there were a few tears on her face. 

"All right, where's Five?" Luther asked, scanning the bowling alley. 

"Beats me, that little shit doesn't tell us anything," I said. 

"He left," Diego said, without looking up. 

"Well, we're not waiting around. The concert starts in 30 minutes." Luther said.

"All right, so what's the plan?" Diego asked. 

"Well, I think that we, uh, go to the Icarus theater," Luther says. 

"That's a location, not a plan," I piped up. 

"Look, you're gonna be Number One, fine. But you're gonna have to get us on the same page here, because right now, we're all over the place." Diego says. 

"You're right, we need a plan." Luther declares. 

"Great, we're all bloody inspired." I said, in a horrible British accent. 

Suddenly gun shots rang out. People screamed, I stood up and saw a bunch of masked gunmen with gas masks running in. I ducked down under a table with Diego. He threw a knife and one of the men crashed down. 

"Who the hell are these guys?!" I shouted over all the noise. 

"Maybe they're here for Kenny's birthday party!" Klaus shouted from behind a rack. 

"No, I'm pretty sure they're here for us!" Diego shouted back. 

Luther started chucking bowling balls at them while Diego threw another one of his knives. 

"They're blocking the exits!" Klaus said. 

"So what's the plan now, Luther?" Diego asks, sarcastically. Allison points to the other side of the shooters. 

"The lanes!" Luther shouted. 

"You guys go! I'll hold them off!" I shouted. 

"Be careful, all right?" Ben said, appearing next to me. 

"I'll be fine. Go with Klaus." I said. He nodded and ran after the other siblings. 

I stood up and started vocalizing. The gunmen dropped to their knees, holding their hands to their ears, guns clattering to the floor. I sang louder, and their ears started to bleed. They screamed in agony. I towards them, knocking them out one by one, then ran outside, and towards the Icarus Theater.