Chapter 4

I stood in the rain next to Klaus, holding up a black umbrella, as Luther walked up to the center and poured out the contents of Dad. 

"That would've been better with some wind," he muttered.

"Does anyone wish to speak?" asked Pogo. When he was met with silence, he continued. "Very well. In all regards, Sir Reginald Hargreeves made me what I am today. For that alone, I shall forever be in his debt. He was my master and my friend, and I shall miss him very much. He leaves behind a complicated legacy--"

"He was a monster." 

I head whipped towards Diego as he stepped forward to speak. Beside me, Klaus giggled lightly. 

"He was a bad person and a worse father," he continued, his head held high. 
"Diego,"  Allison said in a warning voice. 

"My name is Number Two. You know why? Because our father couldn't bother to give us actual names..."

I closed by eyes and zoned out. I hated arguments. It was arguments like this that tore our family apart in the first place. I breathed heavily. In, out. In, out.

"Get him! Get him!" I heard Klaus cheer. My eyes snapped open and saw Luther and Diego fighting each other.  

"We don't have time for this," Five said, annoyed, and he walked back into the house. One by one, the others started to leave, until Diego and Luther crashed into Ben's statue, knocking his head off. I froze. Time seemed to slow down. 

No. Not Ben. Not again. 

Even though it was just a statue, it still reminded me of him. The air was tense. All eyes were on me. I glared at Luther and Diego. 

"Look what you've done,"  I hissed, as I stomped back inside. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stepped into the kitchen to find Five looking through the cupboards, with Allison and Klaus sitting on a chair nearby. 

"That's unfortunate. An entire square block, 43 bedrooms and 19 bathrooms, yet not a single drop of coffee," he complained, looking around. 

"Dad hated caffeine", said Allison. 

"Well, he hated children too, and he had plenty of us," said Klaus. I smirked. 

"Damn right," I murmured. 

"Who's car is that out front?" asked Five.

"Mine, why?" I answered.

"I'm taking it for a drive."

"To where?"

"To get a decent cup of coffee."

"Do you even know how to drive?" I questioned him. 

"I know how to do everything," he snapped at me, before teleporting away, probably to my car. 

"Except having manners," I breathed out. I heard Klaus laughed at the comment before I walked up the stairs.