Why Did You Leave Me When You Promised That You Won't?

I guess there is no need to add warning into this chapter.
It is just kinda angsty (not that much though), but if you don't like angst please don't read the chapter.
I won't tolerate any hate comments.

⊱ ───── {.⋅ ۵♡۵ ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Wei Ying felt he was punched in the stomach. Why did Lan Zhan left him when he promised that he wouldn't? Why? How could he leave him after all the memories and feelings they shared? He was too shocked to speak, so he stayed quiet. He felt as if the world was spinning around him.

"Mr. Wei, are you okay?" Lan Huan asked looking at Wei Ying with concerned expression on his face. When Wei Ying glared at him, Lan Huan shut his mouth up. 'Of course he must be shocked about Wangji's sudden departure.' He cleared his throat. "Do you want to start our therapy."

Wei Ying rolled his eyes. It was a silent boycott. He wasn't going to talk with anyone until Lan Zhan came back. "I'm tired, if you let me I want to rest," Wei Ying spoke with a poisonous tone. Without waiting for Lan Huan's answer, or without bothering to be respectful, he turned his back to Lan Huan.

Lan Huan let out a deep sigh. "I see that you are not in the mood right now Mr. Wei." He stood up from the chair he was sitting. "I will check you on later, mr. Wei." He left the room leaving Wei Ying alone with his thoughts.

Wei Ying rolled his eyes. "Go to hell if it is possible." He pulled his knees up to his chest and hugged them. The tears he had been holding back since he learned Lan Zhan left began flowing down his cheeks and soaked the pillow. He covered his mouth with his right hand while the sobs were escaping from his lips.

'I didn't deserve this...'

He definitely didn't.

'I didn't deserve to be left without any explanation...'

He didn't. He should have an explanation at least. Then maybe... Maybe he could understand why Lan Zhan left him... Or he would try to understand.

'I hate him...'

He thought to himself as a tear drop dropped onto the pillow even though he knew he didn't and he couldn't hate Lan Zhan no matter what.

'I love him...'

He did... So much... No matter what he was going to love Lan Zhan always.

The house was silent. Extremely silent... Unpleasantly silent... More silent than usual... Maybe it was like that all the time, but he felt it more this time. He was also cold. Was it because of the alcohol he had been drinking or was it the regret which he felt in his heart?

It had been a couple of hours since he quit his job, but he felt empty as if the best part of his heart was gone. Even though he was extremely drunk he was sober enough to know the reason why he didn't see Wei Ying. He convinced himself that it was the best for both of them. 'Just one week,' he reminded to himself. 'We will be away for just one week.'

Lan Zhan just hoped that one week would be enough to protect Wei Ying. He held the cup tightly in his hand and reminded himself again. 'Just one week.' It should be enough to protect Wei Ying from his uncle.

It was time for dinner. Wei Ying didn't know how the time passed since he was busy with drowning in his own thoughts. He stared at the food, but he didn't eat. He didn't want to eat. He didn't want to get out of the bed. He didn't even want to live. The room which he was staying was not different than a box. It was never, but he at least had Lan Zhan who made staying there bearable a little.

Now he was gone too, then what he was going to do?

For him, everything was gray and dull again.

For him it felt like walking in an endless dark tunnel without light. He was struggling to get out, but without the light, it was impossible.

His life was already miserable. He lost the life game from the start. He didn't remember the last time he was fully happy. He was sad all the time. He had taken the sleeping pill the doctors brought thinking it could help him, but it didn't help.

He wondered how Lan Zhan was doing. He wanted to know if Lan Zhan was missing him too.

'No he is not missing you.' A voice spoke.

'He is perfectly fine without you.' Another voice spoke.

'If he was going to miss you, would he leave you in the first place?' Another one spoke.

'I told you. Nothing good will happen to you.' The first voice spoke again.

'Did you really think he would stay with you forever?" The second voice spoke and laughed.

'With him?' A childish voice giggled. 'Who would want him anyway? He is a mess.'

Wei Ying didn't do anything but roll his eyes to them. He was used to them and he didn't believe them anymore. He believed Lan Zhan would come back the next day and explain everything to him. At least he was hoping that, because he needed good thoughts to hold onto.

'You are hoping something impossible to happen.' The first voice spoke again.

"Stop talking like you know him," Wei Ying mumbled.

'Come on!' The first voice scolded him with a bored voice. 'I thought you were better than this. If he really loved you would he leave you in the first place?'

Was this voice right? No way! Lan Zhan loved him! He told this before, so it had to be true... Right? He believed the man he loved, not the voice which was tormenting him for years.

'You don't believe me, do you?' The voice asked.

Wei Ying shook his head as an answer to the voice.

'Then you already became the puppet of your precious doctor. How pathetic. You are his past right now. You were nothing but an entertainment for him. He just used you to entertain himself.'

Wei Ying laughed bitterly. "Do whatever you want. You won't be able to convince me that Lan Zhan really left me." He pulled the thin quilt over his head. "Now shut the fuck up. I will sleep."

The voices became quiet. Wei Ying smirked to himself. Maybe they were stunned since Wei Ying managed to make them quiet while on the other hand Wei Ying was satisfied for managing this for the first time. 

⊱ ───── {.⋅ ۵♡۵ ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Lol, since there is a curfew until May 17, I have nothing to do, so I will update my stories more often!
Maybe one chapter or two chapters in a day if I can, but I can't promise because my midterm exams started.
If you are interested in my story, please stay tuned!
I love you all and stay safe~
Lots of love~