Memory-Lane

"Why do I have to close my eyes?" Kim wondered.

"I told you it's a surprise and wanted it to be special."

She felt familiar anxiety coursing through her before calmly inhaling and exhaling as a familiar scent wafted into her nose.

"Do I smell popcorn or nachos?"

Max chuckled that made her grin for a second before focusing, "Yes, you do."

"I also hear people and small bells,"

"Yep, you do,"

"Can you say anything aside from yes?"

"Maybe,"

Kim couldn't help but give a small laugh at his answer. "Are we there yet?"

"Yes, we are Kim, surprise!"

She opened her eyes to a scene that made her do a double take. "A skating rink?"

"And an arcade,"

"What are we 13?"

"Yes,"

"Why are we here?"

"Having a date, or are you getting cold feet?"

Kim's eyes widened at his dare, and before he could blink, she was in his face.

"No,"

"Then what's your poison, skating, or playing games?"

"I think that you've been playing games since laying eyes on me since I helped with my friend's wedding,"

Max carefully placed his hands respectfully on her arms before sliding down to her hands, playing with her fingers.

"Then, by all means, play with me."

Kim rolled her eyes. "You better be talking about the arcade,"

Max gave Kim an innocent expression. "Of course. What did you think I was talking about?"

"Just get the tokens so I can kick your butt,"

"And what makes you think that you'll come near it?"

"What makes you think you would come near mine?"

Max could smell her subtle scent of lavender from her nearness, and the daring in her tone made him gulp.

"Let's play then. What do you want to play first?" he rasped.

"Airhockey,"

Max's mind cleared a bit at her answer before frowning, "Why air hockey?"

"Because if memory serves me correctly, you were terrible at this game,"

"That was a long time ago," He said.

"Oh, then by all means, let's play," she gave him a sweet smile.

What is she up to? Max wondered, but nodded.

They walked towards the air hockey table and watched as Kim's hips swished back and forth with little effort.

I feel jealous over a pair of jeans. What's happening to me? He thought.

As they made it to the hockey table, each took their respective places, and the competitive gaze gleaming inside of Kim threw him.

"So, do you want to start?" She asked.

"Ladies, first,"

She easily handled the puck and softly hit towards him, feeling the cool air from the table as he made contact.