1. The King Awakens

○●○

○●○

Hongjoong

It was late at night. The perfect time for him, to get some work done. Kim Hongjoong, King of the forsaken land Artos.

It was around 3 a.m. as someone knocked at the door, making him raise an eyebrow. Normally he wasn't disturbed at this hour.

"Sire, may I enter?" Yeosangs soft voice reached his ears, just feeding his confusion even more. His court physician was usually in his chambers, at the other side of the castle.

"You may." Hongjoong leaned back in his uncomfortable chair, taking a mental note to replace that piece of garbage. The door opened silently, Yeosang slipping in through the small crack.

"I have news, Sire." Hongjoong turned his head in his direction, head steadied by his hand. "Oh? It must be important, if you seek me at such an hour."

Yeosang sighed, walking over to his king. "A Raven reached us. With a letter for you." Compared to the other lands around him, they never used pigeons for letter transportation, but ravens.

"At this hour? How odd. Who send it?" Yeosang placed the letter on the table in front of him gingerly, gentle as if he was afraid to let go of it.

Hongjoong immediately recognized the seal, his mood dropping significantly. "This one again? What is it this time?"

He rolled his eyes, not very fond of the aspect of the king of Celeste writing him yet again. "I wouldn't know Sire. Do you want me to read it for you?"

Hongjoong sighed as he ripped the seal away with his sharp nail. "No. Better burn it. Don't even show me next time."

Yeosang giggled behind his hand.

"What do they want? Another proposal? I thought you've declared peace." Hongjoong snorted and pulled the letter out of the envelope.

He skipped over the lines with a frown, soon turning into an amused grin. "Oh, it is a proposal indeed."

"To your liking I suppose?" Yeosang stepped behind him, hands on his shoulders, gently massaging them, while subtly reading over his head.

"Very. He suggests a deal. Oh, Jongho is going to have so much fun." A sinister laugh escaped his lips as he folded the paper back together. "I shall meet him. Where is Mingi?"

Yeosang shrugged. "He shouldn't be too far." Hongjoong nodded.

"Call for him. He needs to send this message for me." Yeosang just nodded, hands dropping from his broad shoulders.

"Of course, your majesty." He laughed sheepishly as he left, looking for a certain hellhound. Hongjoong rolled his eyes but got to the letter right after.

The proposal the other king offered him, was quite a strange one and he deeply enjoyed it already.

It was a win win situation for him, he got nothing to lose in it, while the other would have to give up something certainly valuable. His own son.