002

Lydia's POV:

"We can talk again soon, you don't have to look so disappointed to share me," I said to Eddie with a sly smile, instantly earning a flustered look from him.

"Who said I was-" he started as I began to get out of the car, closing the door and twirling the keys around my finger triumphantly. I could see his face redden and he bit his lip, his eyes locked on me.

I felt heat rise in my cheeks before I heard Steve call out, "Guess the party is now here, including Miss Lydia the guest of honor." He says in a flirtatious tone. I raise an eyebrow at him before he winks at me, causing me to stifle a giggle at his lack of shame.

Dustin came barreling behind him and ran at me again for another hug, but at a more forgiving speed this time.

Jeez, when did he get so tall?

I look down at him and smile, "You know I am going to be living in your house you're gonna get sick of me soon enough." I giggle, throwing my arm around him and leading him inside.

I see the waitresses face as we all pile in and she nods towards the big table in the center of the room. I lead Dustin there, but not before a neon jukebox catches my eye. I nod my head towards it and then Dustin, earning a smile from him.

"Oh the amount of quarters I am about to spend is criminal," I whisper to him, causing us to giggle together. I could see Steve eyeing us. For a second I wondered if Claudia even needed me and if Eddie was right. Dustin seemed pretty alright, but what the hell do I know I've been here all of five seconds.

I grab a seat in the center of the table and sit Dustin next to me. I see Steve approach the seat on the other side of me, but I catch the eye of the girl Steve was with. She moves forward, cutting Steve off and extends her hand, "I'm Robin, we haven't been formally introduced," She laughed nervously.

I take her hand and smile, "Lydia, sorry I didn't get a chance to talk to you before I was a bit overwhelmed with all the new faces." I said. I smile and bite my lip, seeing Eddie and Steve both hustle towards the seat next to me, Eddie beating Steve to it and Steve settling in next to Dustin.

I felt the hairs on my arms stick up, seeing both their eyes locked on me. I shrugged off my leather jacket and the flannel underneath. I had Jefferson Airplane band tee shirt that I had cut into a halter top underneath.

I felt as their eyes looked me up and down, now becoming increasingly aware of exactly how much skin I had out. I sat down, rubbing my arm, now feeling more bashful than ever.

I forgot they probably dress a bit more conservative here since it is generally colder.

I plucked a menu from the stand sitting in the center of the table, my hand briefly brushing Eddie's. I look up, seeing his brown eyes locked on me instead of our hands, causing a small shiver to travel down my spine. I laugh it off, leaning back to Dustin to showcase the menu. I begin to ask him questions on the items of the menu, getting his in-depth feedback on every item.

I smile warmly as he breaks down how different items are cooked at different restaurants, not minding he went completely off-topic. He really was very smart, sometimes his brain moving faster than he was able to communicate, letting him bounce from topic to topic and leaving me feeling all-in-all dumbfounded.

"Lydia?" I heard Dustin ask and I met his eyes. "Where did you go?" Dustin asked me with a smile plastered on his face. "Maaaan, you wouldn't believe me if I told you." I say slapping the back of his chair. I hear a snort from Steve and look up, seeing him receive looks from the younger kids and Robin. Eddie and I both shared the same confused look.