004

Lydia's POV:

I tiptoe into the living room and see that Eddie is missing. I then quickly head out to the garage, seeing Eddie fiddling with his lighter.

I flip the top of the lighter up with my thigh and light it, extending my arm in front of him. I see his eyes widen before he leans forward to light his joint.

I see his gaze travel up to meet mine and I smile, seeing his eyes then scan my bare legs and widen.

I roll my eyes and lift the shirt to show, seeing him lean back for a second before I reveal the shorts I have on.

"Jesus, did you think I came out here half naked," I bit my lip to hold in a laugh. I tuck my hair away to reveal my stowaway cigarette.

"Great minds think alike," he says with a nervous tone in his voice.

I light my cigarette and lean against the wall in the garage, eyeing him. "Do you smoke with Dustin?" I ask in a pointed manner.

"Jesus no!" he responds and stands up, getting eye level with me.

He's cute when he's nervous.

"Alright, alright," I say holding my hands up in a  cease fire. "I just would rather him not start doing this kind of stuff early. Get all messed up like me." I say in a sarcastic tone.

"Dustin probably invented the D.A.R.E. program himself," he chuckles with the joint in between his lips. He looks down and takes a drag and I bite my lip.

I don't even realize I am making my way over to him until I reach him. I see him tense up and breathe the smoke out of his nose, turning his face to have it blow away from me.

I reach my hand towards his, grazing his skins with my nails, "Mind if I?" I ask slowly, feeling him still tense. He nods and I hand him my cigarette. He takes it and puts it to his lips, his eyes never leaving me.

I see the grin grow on his face, "So Miss Lydia Hart, the loving cousin, smokes?" He  gestures in front of him, causing me to laugh.

"Honestly, I've been so stressed out over this move I've become so much worse," I giggle as I exhale the smoke.

"Stressed. How come?" He asks, gesturing his hands, holding the cigarette delicately.

"Because what if the other kids at school don't want to play with me?" I say with a pout before rolling my eyes.

"Cmon, you don't want to tell me?" He asks, smiling, running his hand through his hair. "Fine I'll tell you something about me."

I lean forward, wanting to seem intrigued because truthfully I did want to know more about him. He takes a moments before, gesturing in front of him, seeming as if he is casting a spell, causing me to laugh.

"They call me Eddie 'the freak' Munson. I am not the typical geek in search of a higher platform or waiting for evolution to help me up the food chain because honestly I'd rather be acknowledged as a freaked then looked at..I mean really looked at."

Freak? I wouldn't have thought that, but I wasn't too well liked back home.

I nod and lean my head back against the wall, taking a drag and exhaling.

"To be honest, I used to love visiting here because no one knew who I was. I could be anyone, be with anyone, and then face no consequences. But now I'm here and have to live with the fear that I'll be this disappointment to Dustin or Claudia or even someone else."

When I used to come here. I acted so wild. Dustin would be asleep and I would ravage this town.

Eddie clears his throat and shakes his head, "I think the people here will fall in love with you."