005

Eddie's POV

One by one, we all begin to leave the Henderson residence. I watch and Lydia wave Dustin out, Steve locked on her until he crosses through the threshold, leaving just me.

I call out to Steve as he is walking to his car, "Hey I forgot one thing, give me a second!" Before slamming the door. I turn on my heel and grab my stuff off the couch, shrugging on my jacket.

Lydia stands by the door, watching me as a move about the room, making my lips curl into a smirk. I turn and begin for the door, seeing her move to give me space to make my exit.

Instead of reaching for the door I reach out my hand, placing it above her head, almost pinning her in place. Her eyes go wide for a split second before she slowly raises them to meet mine. Her eyes are almost black until the light bounces in them, showing the true depth of brown that they are.

God she is so cute.

"You are coming to see me play tonight?" I smirk, feeling her nervousness course through the air. I lean in to dial up the tension.

"Y-yes unless you don't want me to..." she replies softly,  trailing off awaiting my answer, her eyes searching my face.

"Oh no Darling, I want you to." I say in a low tone, stepping even closer so I can feel the heat of her body and her shiver as I do.

I lean my head down, edging close to her neck, whisper softly, my breath heating her skin, "I can't wait." I chuckle

"E-Eddie..." she begins to whisper softly, her eyes fluttering and her turning cheeks a bright shade of pink. I begin to stand back looking back into her eyes, taking in the sight of her.

"I'll see you tonight, and maybe we can hang out?" I smile at her and step back, raising an eyebrow at her before, firmly grasping the door knob and pulling, the cold air causing her to gasp softly.

I don't know what the hell I was thinking. No I do know what I was thinking and what I wanted, but what if it isn't what she wanted? What the hell has even come over me I've never acted like this before.

I shake my head, shoving my hands in my pockets before I stuff myself into the sardine can that Steve's car had become.

What the hell am I going to do now?

Steve takes me to my car first, giving me a curt nod before speeding off. My van was buried, seeing the show piled around it was pitiful to say the least.

I let out a groan and begin to shovel my way to it. After a long, freezing endeavor and possibly some permanently frozen fingers, I finally am on my way to practice. I get to Gareth's garage and knock at the side door, promptly walking in.

They all give me a look, Gareth finally piping up, "So the new girl? Who is she?"

I cringe and shake my head, pulling my guitar strap over my head,  "She's Henderson's cousin, from out of town and moving to Hawkins I guess. We ended up all going to dinner before I ended up crashing at Henderson's though. She's pretty cool...and she plays D&D." I slowly choke out, trying to sound causal.

Their eyes light up. In truth we have never had a girl play or even sit-in and I'm sure they were all quite excited. The questions begin to pour in about her, leaving me feeling a bit ashamed that I hadn't learned more.

I didn't know what she wanted to do with her life, or her favorite color, or even what music she liked except for the song by Cream she had played in the diner.

"Has she ever been up here before?" One of them asked as I begin to tune my guitar, looking over it as I had left it at Gareth's for a few days.

"Um yeah she said she used to hang up here, even hinted she was a bit of a wild child," I chuckle.