Chapter No.3: Broken Mind Syndrome

"Matrix! Let Ink read without being so nosy! You've already read this before." A small cat-like animal passes through the walkway during Book-Let's lecture. "It's no big deal, see? Even Amequah agrees with me!" The bat cat type thing squeaks out a meow as he pulls them up onto the table in front of us. Amequah hops right off, ignoring the couple's bickering. "Sure sure, just let Ink get back to its reading." Matrix sighs, leaning back to give me some space. After showing the name of the demon, the stats and appearance are presented. Certain species have certain special skills or weapons.

Some things in here are torn out, for example the information of Angelics are all gone. Book-Let tells me that this is because of the weakness of the Angelics were destroyed after they killed the goddess of the Demonics. I understand that they don't want to be overthrown but this is all a little too much, or so I think anyways. Another strange aspect to this book is how there're warning labels scattered throughout a series of different pages. This book appears to be extremely dangerous by my standpoint but I could just be too suspicious. It could be that the Angelics cursed this book after killing the Dread god.

The way this book has been mangled, it frustrates me, I sharp wisp of wind bellows by me and Matrix. "Watch your tail! Yours is clearly weapon worthy, and I don't wanna be your first strike!" So in this place where we're all Demonics, we have classic demon figures or at least the ones said as folklore, I should've guessed. Now that having a tail is brought up, I realize that I haven't looked in a mirror for the entire time I have been here. Book-Let didn't exactly hurry me to look at one. "Ink, I'm going to take Matrix to bed. I mean go to bed, whatever, just yell if you need me." Book-Let looks at me as bug gets up from bugs chair, takes Matrix's hand and leads him upstairs. This leaves me alone, it doesn't bother me too much though.

Reading has always been easier for me when the place is quiet, not that Matrix and Bookz are loud, it's just that their presence has a huge wift to it. The book isn't that much of an easy read either, not a bad one though. It has much depth, it is interesting to look into, this would be every theorist's dream to look through or worst nightmares. It would be a lot easier to look through if things weren't so torn out and mutilated, there's even crimson staining in sections. I set down the book, placing down a piece of tape in the spot I left off on. My body is sore from sitting so long, I stretch myself out and stand up.

"Book-Let! You never showed me around. Get down here.." Book-Let walks downstairs, his purple hair in a ponytail. He yawns, tilting down his glasses, he had a wine glass in his right hand. "Ah alright ,sorry, I was having a late night drink." Bugs walks over to me, grabbing my hand and pulling me up. I stood up, "You're fine, I need to find my room if I could stay with you that is." Book-Let stares at me, taking my wrist to lead me all the way upstairs. He appears to be rather angered by something.

"Of course you can stay with me Ink, your room is the second on your right." He smiles to reassure me. I walk over to the room, clearly to go in, it isn't much but it is homey. It has a nice, comfortable bed, a computer, and some other furniture. The bedding is all nice and feld, I wonder if they have guests over often or have been at least wanting to. Loud buzzing is coming from the computer, it didn't really irritate me but it might annoy my sleeping schedule. I'll unplug the thing, it shouldn't be too hard to find the cable, that is if it has a wire? It could be ahead of my time, even if I died in the 70s, this could be very well ahead of the times.

I could imagine that after a while, you lose things to do. Anyways, I get up and to my jinx, there's no wires. If I didn't die in a time that was so unadvanced on technology, perhaps I would understand how to use this thing. It is flipped open, the time being presented at the bottom right, the battery and location following it. The screen is a static green color, not natural by any means at all, the title on the page being labeled as, "Hello Ink Bringe." Freaky that this computer already knows who I am. Maybe Book-Let provided this place to me before I said anything, perhaps that is why he looked mad at me earlier.