Chapter-6

Uncertainty And Assurance.

Nick followed Jane to the garden. Both the naturalists stood by the rose plants, admiring the night sky.
'The moon looks enchanting tonight', Jane broke the silence.
'Yes, it does. The moon never fails to amaze me, he spoke while looking at the sky.
'True. Moments like these remind me how we both share the same interests, almost everything'.
'That works as a reminder for me too' he smiled at her.
'The present situation needs to be clarified to you', she spoke with a sigh, getting a nod from him.
'Actually, I'm well aware of things happening and I understand the present state we are in. I'm just uncertain about your decision because you know how it is the work we are associated with. You never know what happens and we can't let our guard down after what happened last time. I don't need histories to be repeating and innocent people getting hurt. You do understand what I'm trying to say right?' he expressed.
'Take a deep breath and you're going to the studio tomorrow', she spoke immediately making him look at her bewildered.
'You know what I said so don't make that face'.
'I'm just worried. That boy looks so fragile almost as if he wasn't fed for days and even a bit troubled.' he spoke with a sigh.
'I understand your concern but I assure you that he'll be entirely safe with us. He won't be harmed. You do trust me right?' he nods at her question. She takes a deep breath and then looks at the sky.
'You remember the day he came here? That night I did a background check on him. Guess what?' she sees the confusion on his face and answers
'Whatever we both thought till now is true'.
He moved his gaze from the group to Jane only to see her nod in return, conforming to his doubts. He was more than shocked. Seeing Jake's condition he just thought that he was ill-treated at the orphanage but hadn't imagined it to be true. He felt sad thinking about how much of the abuse he had endured.
'This is the reason why his words feel distant and the sole reason for his hesitation. When we go in can you gather the others in the meeting room and inform them about this? And also mention that they shouldn't force him to open up.'
'Yes, I'll do that. Make sure you check up on him before going to your room'.
'I will and yeah be rest assured bout everything, hmm?' she spoke and got a firm nod in return. She then went inside after hearing from him that he'll stay out for a bit more and then go in.
Nick stood gazing at the moon for a few minutes and went inside. The first thing he did was to send a message to the group to gather in the meeting room.

~ Mira.H
(PS. - something's wrong with Wattpad, the changes made aren't shown(it goes back to how it was before and the likes too. I hope this issue is resolved soon 🙃)