Chapter-3

Introductions

It was a beautiful morning. The chirping of the birds was soothing. As usual, Jane was up like the early bird she was and started her day with a workout.
A little time passed by and everyone in the house was up. After finishing their morning routine, they gathered at the dining table and silently started having their breakfast. It was a rule Samuel made that no one was allowed to speak at the dining table while eating except for greetings. As soon as they finished their breakfast they looked at Jane as if asking her to commence the conversation.
"So why don't we first introduce ourselves and then I will explain everything to you?" Jane said after looking at them. They all nodded and the oldest of them started the introductions.
"Hello, young man. Myself Samuel Lorenzo, in short Sam. I'm 28, the eldest of them all" Sam spoke to which Jake nodded his head.
"Hello, kid. Myself Selina Rodriguez, in short Sky. I'm 27 and the second eldest of them" said Sky.
"Hey, I am Helios Walter, twin of Nick and 26 years old. I'm the third oldest" Helios said with a bright smile.
"Hey, kid. Myself Nick Walter, twin of Helios. I'm 26 and the fourth elder" Nick spoke with a small smile.
"Hello. I am Mark Lee and I'm 21 years old " said Mark with a wide smile.
"Heya. Myself Travis Lee and I'm 22 years old " Travis spoke while giving a little hand wave to which Jake did the same
"Hi! Myself Petra Stransberg. I'm 23 years old and nice to meet you" Petra spoke cheerfully and with a wide smile.
"Nice to meet you too," Jake said with a shy tone.
"You already know me but I'll introduce myself again. So, I'm Jane Martinez, also known as J and I'm 23 years old " said Jane.
"Hello. I'm Jake, 18 years old" Jake said with a shy smile.
"You're adorable " Petra exclaimed suddenly which startled Jake.
"Petra! Tone down a bit. You are frightening him? " Scolded Sam.
"My bad. I apologize"
"It's okay, I'm fine," said Jake.
"Now that we're done with the introduction, let me tell you something. This guy from now on will be our family member " Jane spoke immediately.
"Wait! What do you mean? " questioned Sam.
"You heard it right. You'll get to know the details very soon," spoke Jane.
"Are you sure about it Jane? " Nick hesitantly spoke.
"Yes and I'm not changing my decision," said Jane.
Hearing this everyone looked at each other unsure of her decision.
"But Jane at least heard about his opinion. Listen to his part of the story once" spoke up Samuel.
She sighed and looked at him hoping for an answer. She wanted him to share a bit of his story.
"I'm sorry but I don't know what to say. And are you okay with keeping a castaway like me with you?"
Jake hesitantly spoke taking everyone except Jane by surprise. They saw that she wasn't surprised and asked her whether she knew about this.
"He said nothing about him being a castaway but I had a hunch that this might be the case, so I'm not surprised. And about me being okay with it., Of course, I am which is why I said that earlier "
Jake was astonished but nodded his head as if answering her question.
"The matter is resolved. And about his part of the story let him speak anytime he wants. Don't force him to open up".
By saying this she dismissed the topic leaving everyone with their thoughts. She then got up from her seat and went to her room.

~ Mira.H