3~ Missions

Homelander's hands are clasped behind his back and his head is held high. He looks me up and down, taking his time.

I realize he's much more handsome in real life. Cameras don't do him justice. His blue eyes snap back to my green ones.

"I'm sorry sir," I say.

"Please," he smiles, gesturing to the open seat beside A-Train and Maeve. "Just Homelander is fine."

I take a seat, glancing around the V shaped table. Deep is staring at me, and I ignore it. Homelander sits down also, his hands on the table. I hold myself back from going into their minds. It's rude, and who knows if their powers allow them to sense when someone else is intruding in their mind. That'd be embarrassing.

"We need to get on this," Translucent is saying. "They made a movie using my copyright. They got some cheap green screen shit, and not to mention, we have what? Four points each?"

I have no idea what he's talking about. He's currently invisible and wearing glasses. I hold back laughter, god this is fucking stupid. Homelander glances at me, then back at Translucent.

"No, stop," Homelander puts his hands up. "What's our newest member going to think if she hears us squabbling about ratings?"

Translucent stops talking, his glasses looking slightly offended, and Homelander smiles.

"You know what? I want to hear who you all saved today. Who wants to go first?"

The room is silent.

"Black Noir? How about you go?"

———————————————————————-

The rest of the day goes by slowly. I don't see much of the Seven after the meeting, but Ashley goes over some things with me. Some extremely boring things.

My crime itinerary is completely idiotic. I could be doing so much more, I was doing so much more. Before I got 'promoted.' What a bunch of bull.

"This is bullshit," I say, pushing the crime itinerary back to Ashley.

"What? No it's not," she looks confused. "This is your life now." She pushes the itinerary back to me and I stare at it.

"Stop a pickpocket? Are you kidding me?" I roll my eyes. "Who cares of some prick gets pickpocketed?"

"You do, Scarlet. You're a hero."

"Fuck that," I mutter.

"What was that?" She looks up from her iPad.

"Nothing," I smile, going back to reading the itinerary.

They have me down for only two missions, the pickpocket and a grand theft auto.

"So, do you have actors do the crime or do you have a psychic supe working in crime analytics?" I ask, trying to look innocent.

Ashley rolls her eyes, "We don't need a psychic, Scarlet. We use data from past crimes and a very intricate system to determine when and where crime will take place."