8~ Whispers

"Hold her down."

I try to open my eyes, but bright fluorescent lights make me shut them again.

One pair of hands is holding me down, and another is tightening straps on my wrists and ankles.

"What are you-"

"Sedate her, she's waking up."

"No, stop," I try to sit up, but the straps are unusually strong.

I feel a prick in my neck and everything goes black.

I wake up with a start, realizing I'm still in my bed.

"Jesus," I groan, rubbing my temples- my head already pounding.

What is with these weird ass dreams?

I flop back down on my bed, glancing at the clock. I'm finally back in the tower, we finished shooting yesterday.

I sit and listen to the rain hit my windows for a second. It's been raining all night. Then I force myself out of bed, and go to my kitchen for breakfast.

"What the fuck...?" I mutter, noticing a few bloody knives in the sink.

I pull one out, inspecting it. It's a hunting knife- not something I usually own or use. And the blood definitely isn't animal blood.

The other knife is more of a dagger, and it's actually really pretty. The handle is engraved with gold markings and letters in some language I don't know. It looks ancient and expensive, I set it back in the sink.

Did someone come into my room overnight? I feel like I would've heard them. The blood only looks a few hours old. As I'm looking at the knives I notice something on the kitchen floor. It's a pile of dirty clothes- my clothes.

I pick up my hoodie, it's soaking wet.

I let out a shaky laugh, "What the fuck?"

I feel like someone's trying to threaten me or something, but what kind of threat is leaving dirty clothes and random knives in someones sink?

I throw the clothes in my hamper and wash the knives off, deciding to not let it get to me.

—————

I walk into the meeting room a few minutes early. Noir is already there.

"Hey," I say, sitting in the chair next to him that used to be Translucent's.

He looks up from his drawings, giving me a small wave.

"You know a lot about knives," I start, criss-crossing my legs. "Do you know where this is from?" I pull the dagger I'd found in my sink out of my boot and set it on the table.

He picks it up, studying it in his hands.

'Where did you get it?' I hear him ask.

"I found it," I say, not wanting to reveal too much.

'I know how to use knives,' he thinks, 'Not their history. It's a good knife though, must be expensive.'

I nod, "Thanks anyways."

Maeve and Deep walk in as I stand up from Translucent's chair.

"Scarlet," Maeve smiles, "How are you feeling?"

"Fine?" I say, laughing slightly. "Why?"

She smiles slyly. "You don't remember last night? I didn't know someone so small could drink that much."

I furrow my eyebrows. "What are you talking about?"

She laughs, looking delighted. "Oh my god," she shakes her head, "You really don't remember?"